DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Solar Reflective Paint for asphalt flat roof (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/118471-solar-reflective-paint-asphalt-flat-roof.html)

Aldrich August 25th 05 08:04 PM

Solar Reflective Paint for asphalt flat roof

Hi

Our large extension has an asphalt flat roof. Presently, it has some splits
and blisters so I have hired a contractor to rework the asphalt. His
recommendation is that I should then paint the roof with two coats of solar
reflective paint.

Can anyone please suggest the best solar reflective paint for this purpose
(and where to buy it) ?

Any tips on applying it would also be welcome.

David

Dave Plowman (News) August 25th 05 09:42 PM

In article ,
Aldrich wrote:
Our large extension has an asphalt flat roof. Presently, it has some
splits and blisters so I have hired a contractor to rework the asphalt.
His recommendation is that I should then paint the roof with two coats
of solar reflective paint.

Can anyone please suggest the best solar reflective paint for this
purpose (and where to buy it) ?

White masonry paint? That's what I use on mine.

--
*How many roads must a man travel down before he admits he is lost? *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

[email protected] August 26th 05 07:50 AM

http://www.paco-systems.co.uk/pdfs/solarref.pdf

might be of help

Regards
Paul

Peter Parry August 26th 05 02:21 PM

On Thu, 25 Aug 2005 20:04:11 +0100, "Aldrich"
wrote:

Our large extension has an asphalt flat roof. Presently, it has some splits
and blisters so I have hired a contractor to rework the asphalt. His
recommendation is that I should then paint the roof with two coats of solar
reflective paint.

Have you considered making it into an inverted roof? (eg
http://www.productselector.co.uk/psd...=cov&sysn=2540)

--
Peter Parry.
http://www.wpp.ltd.uk/

Pete C August 26th 05 05:27 PM

wrote:

Hi

Our large extension has an asphalt flat roof. Presently, it has some splits
and blisters so I have hired a contractor to rework the asphalt. His
recommendation is that I should then paint the roof with two coats of solar
reflective paint.

Can anyone please suggest the best solar reflective paint for this purpose
(and where to buy it) ?

Hi,

Also known as aluminium paint, not primer though which is something
different.

Eg:

http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/pro.jsp?id=78700
http://www.azobuild.com/mbt/FebTDS/3%20Waterproofing%20Systems/3a%20Roof%20Coatings%20&%20Repair%20Systems/alumpain.pdf

Offline a local decorators merchant should have it

Try and get something that has a bit of elasticity or it could flake
off just where you need it the most. Maybe an acrylic would be better:

http://www.nwepaints.co.uk/acatalog/RoofingBitumenCoatings.html

cheers,
Pete.