Default Ideal boiler spark generator

Hi,
Does anyone know where I could get a spark generator for a 25 year
old Ideal RS100N conventional boiler? I've tried everywhere, with no
luck.

Cheers

Popeye

John

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi,
Does anyone know where I could get a spark generator for a 25 year
old Ideal RS100N conventional boiler? I've tried everywhere, with no
luck.

Can't just visualise the model but I think it will be a push to click piezzo
unit. These are readily available from most boiler spares stockists such as
HRPC although you may find it necessary to make up a suitable bracket if a
direct replacement is not available.

Yes, tried Ideal, no luck!

raden

In message , Harry Bloomfield
writes
explained on 25/08/2005 :
Does anyone know where I could get a spark generator for a 25 year
old Ideal RS100N conventional boiler? I've tried everywhere, with no
luck.

Any cheap throwaway gas lighter which does not use a flint and wheel,
will have a piezo igniter unit inside it (the click, click type). You
could probably adapt one of these to fit. Just extend the short HT wire
(carefully insulating), to the ignition point and make sure the casing
of the ignitor is grounded.

I might have a more suitable one lying around at work

email me a photo of it

--
geoff
Tim Morley

wrote in message
ups.com...
Yes, tried Ideal, no luck!

Lol, sometimes we overlook the obvious choice. I needed a complete new
doorcatch mechanism with central locking and deadlocks for my mondeo drivers
door. I was on my way to a scrapyard to spend 1hr removing; I called local
ford dealer en-route a new one was only about £30. Guess where I went!

Mogweed

wrote in message
ups.com...
Yes, tried Ideal, no luck!

You could have a look here - may be a bit big for your needs though )

http://www.wiseguysynth.com/larry/day.htm

Mogweed.

raden

In message , Mogweed
writes

wrote in message
oups.com...
Yes, tried Ideal, no luck!

You could have a look here - may be a bit big for your needs though )

http://www.wiseguysynth.com/larry/day.htm

/ me waits for a whole sub thread of URLs to other good old HV
discharges

--
geoff
Ian Stirling

raden wrote:
In message , Mogweed
writes

wrote in message
roups.com...
Yes, tried Ideal, no luck!

You could have a look here - may be a bit big for your needs though )

http://www.wiseguysynth.com/larry/day.htm

/ me waits for a whole sub thread of URLs to other good old HV
discharges

Much bigger one.
http://www.planetaryexploration.net/...sma_torus.html

raden

In message , Ian
Stirling writes
raden wrote:
In message , Mogweed
writes

wrote in message
groups.com...
Yes, tried Ideal, no luck!

You could have a look here - may be a bit big for your needs though )

http://www.wiseguysynth.com/larry/day.htm

/ me waits for a whole sub thread of URLs to other good old HV
discharges

Much bigger one.
http://www.planetaryexploration.net/...sma_torus.html

But there might be some problems installing that in a CH boiler

Nice

--
geoff

Many thanks to all who replied, managed to locate identical generator
locally for about =A317.00 Not a bad outcome for nearly a year of trying!

Ideal boiler repair [email protected] UK diy 35 January 24th 05 10:25 PM
Ideal Elan Boiler - cuts out and pilot light schmooser Home Repair 0 November 24th 04 03:38 PM
Boiler TP valve problems? Linc Vannah Home Repair 9 May 8th 04 02:20 AM
Generator Grounding PoP UK diy 10 November 13th 03 12:29 PM
Earthing Sparks UK diy 10 October 29th 03 01:27 AM