Graham Dean

Default Tile Cement

After removing lashings of tiles from the kitchen I'm left with lots of tile
cement left on what's left
of the original plaster skim. Is there a way to remove the tile cement
whilst preserving the skim?

Graham

Christian McArdle

After removing lashings of tiles from the kitchen I'm left with lots of
tile
cement left on what's left
of the original plaster skim. Is there a way to remove the tile cement
whilst preserving the skim?

You can try a belt sander. You'll be very lucky to preserve the skim.

Christian.

John

"Graham Dean" wrote in message
After removing lashings of tiles from the kitchen I'm left with lots of
tile
cement left on what's left
of the original plaster skim. Is there a way to remove the tile cement
whilst preserving the skim?

Wallpaper steam stripper, works every time and preserves the skim.

HTH

John

Graham Dean

"John" wrote in message
"Graham Dean" wrote in message
After removing lashings of tiles from the kitchen I'm left with lots of
tile
cement left on what's left
of the original plaster skim. Is there a way to remove the tile cement
whilst preserving the skim?

Wallpaper steam stripper, works every time and preserves the skim.

HTH

John

I'll give it a try!

Cheers,
Graham

Christian McArdle

Wallpaper steam stripper, works every time and preserves the skim.

I'll give it a try!

But then, I've used steam specifically to remove skim before!

Christian.

Ian_m

"Christian McArdle" wrote in message
. net...
Wallpaper steam stripper, works every time and preserves the skim.

I'll give it a try!

But then, I've used steam specifically to remove skim before!

When I did this once, removing wallpaper, it removed the skim in places as
well. Anyway ended "doing a propper job" and removing the old skim, which
wasn't well attached (no PVA) and getting the wall re-skimmed.

Graham Dean

"Ian_m" wrote in message
"Christian McArdle" wrote in message
. net...
Wallpaper steam stripper, works every time and preserves the skim.

I'll give it a try!

But then, I've used steam specifically to remove skim before!

When I did this once, removing wallpaper, it removed the skim in places as
well. Anyway ended "doing a propper job" and removing the old skim, which
wasn't well attached (no PVA) and getting the wall re-skimmed.

Could be interesting then.... I'm getting it re-skimmed so if poor skim
comes off in the
process then so be it!

Grahm

The Natural Philosopher

Graham Dean wrote:

After removing lashings of tiles from the kitchen I'm left with lots of tile
cement left on what's left
of the original plaster skim. Is there a way to remove the tile cement
whilst preserving the skim?

Graham

Not really, no.

Power sanding may work.