DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Please help me bleed my mira sport shower (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/118249-please-help-me-bleed-my-mira-sport-shower.html)

[email protected] August 24th 05 03:29 PM

Please help me bleed my mira sport shower

I have been away for three months and on coming home found that my mira
sport shower is not working, it was making a horrendous noise, so i
took the front cover off and loosened the inlet valve to try and bleed
it. This actually allowed the water through the shower head but the
pipes were still howling with air. I then loosened off the nut above
the inlet valve to see if i could bleed it that way, this stopped the
howling pipes, but now the water has stopped as well. There is no pipes
knocking or anything just a dribble of water coming out, so i am
completely at a loss now, can someone please help me.

Ian White August 24th 05 04:22 PM

wrote:
I have been away for three months and on coming home found that my mira
sport shower is not working, it was making a horrendous noise, so i
took the front cover off and loosened the inlet valve to try and bleed
it. This actually allowed the water through the shower head but the
pipes were still howling with air. I then loosened off the nut above
the inlet valve to see if i could bleed it that way, this stopped the
howling pipes, but now the water has stopped as well. There is no pipes
knocking or anything just a dribble of water coming out, so i am
completely at a loss now, can someone please help me.

If it's anything like our Mira Advance, that doesn't look like the right
way to go about bleeding it.

Have you read the section on Commissioning in the instruction booklet?
If you can't find it, ring Mira's service department on 01242 262888.

--
Ian White

Baz August 24th 05 04:36 PM

wrote in message
oups.com...
I have been away for three months and on coming home found that my mira
sport shower is not working, it was making a horrendous noise, so i
took the front cover off and loosened the inlet valve to try and bleed
it. This actually allowed the water through the shower head but the
pipes were still howling with air. I then loosened off the nut above
the inlet valve to see if i could bleed it that way, this stopped the
howling pipes, but now the water has stopped as well. There is no pipes
knocking or anything just a dribble of water coming out, so i am
completely at a loss now, can someone please help me.

Destruction Manual.
http://www.mirashowers.com/onlinecat...f/p3279_2a.pdf

Brian G August 24th 05 04:46 PM

wrote:
I have been away for three months and on coming home found that my
mira sport shower is not working, it was making a horrendous noise,
so i took the front cover off and loosened the inlet valve to try and
bleed it. This actually allowed the water through the shower head but
the pipes were still howling with air. I then loosened off the nut
above the inlet valve to see if i could bleed it that way, this
stopped the howling pipes, but now the water has stopped as well.
There is no pipes knocking or anything just a dribble of water coming
out, so i am completely at a loss now, can someone please help me.

Gary,

I have the Mira Sport 9Kw. Try the commissioning procedure to 'bleed' it:

1 Turn the temperature to low

2 Turn the water flow (temperature) tap to cold

3 Ensure that all stoptaps are turned full on

4 Turn the shower on and let it run until all the air is out

I usually remove the shower head and let the flexible pipe hang down into
the shower base when doing this to ease the water flow restriction a bit.

If this fails, try cleaning out the filter at the bottom of the inlet pipe
and the try commissioning again.

Hope this helps

Brian G

[email protected] August 25th 05 11:11 AM

I have tried your idea on bleeding it, but when i did the water flow
temperature, i noticed when it is pressed in the howling noise goes for
a bit, any ideas on this problem. I think i am going to have to buy a
new shower.

Gary