DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Noisy Whirlpool fridge freezer - are they all? (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/117064-noisy-whirlpool-fridge-freezer-they-all.html)

Dave August 15th 05 09:14 AM

Noisy Whirlpool fridge freezer - are they all?

We've just had a Whirlpool "american style" fridge/freezer delivered -
I'm surprised how noisy it is. Are they all noisy or have we got a duff one?

Dave

Mungo \two sheds\ Toadfoot August 15th 05 09:23 AM

Dave wrote:
We've just had a Whirlpool "american style" fridge/freezer delivered -
I'm surprised how noisy it is. Are they all noisy or have we got a
duff one?
Dave

Our new frost-free f/f is noisier than I expected - it has fans running all
over the place! It is only fan noise though, no vibration or "dodgy motor"
noise.

Si

Derek ^ August 15th 05 07:24 PM

On Mon, 15 Aug 2005 08:14:41 +0000 (UTC), Dave
wrote:

We've just had a Whirlpool "american style" fridge/freezer delivered -
I'm surprised how noisy it is. Are they all noisy or have we got a duff one?

If it's a tinny noise in sympathy with the vibration of the compressor
check that the narrow bore pipes aren't touching either each other or
the cabinet metalwork. If they are a piece of bath sponge can
fruitfully be utilised to keep the offending metal parts seperated.

DG

Dave August 15th 05 10:28 PM

wrote:

We've just had a Whirlpool "american style" fridge/freezer delivered -
I'm surprised how noisy it is. Are they all noisy or have we got a duff one?

If it's a tinny noise in sympathy with the vibration of the compressor
check that the narrow bore pipes aren't touching either each other or
the cabinet metalwork. If they are a piece of bath sponge can
fruitfully be utilised to keep the offending metal parts seperated.

DG

After further investigation it seems to be fan noise; it stops if either
door is opened. It's started giving a temperature alarm every 30 mins or
so - I can feel a call to Comet welling-up from below.

Dave