DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Changeover contactor (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/116905-changeover-contactor.html)

Rupert August 13th 05 04:42 PM

Changeover contactor

Does anyone know where I can get a DIN rail DP changeover contactor?

Dave Plowman (News) August 14th 05 09:01 AM

In article ,
Rupert wrote:
Does anyone know where I can get a DIN rail DP changeover contactor?

Have you checked RS Components?

http://rswww.com

--
*Support bacteria - they're the only culture some people have *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Tony Williams August 15th 05 10:33 AM

In article ,
Tim h wrote:
What do you want to do with it ? I have never seen what I think
you you mean , but 2 contactors wired side by side does the job
, Tim

A motor reversing contactor set is two contactors
side_by_side, but with mechanical interlocks to
prevent both contactors being On at the same time.
That could be used as a changeover contactor.

--
Tony Williams.

PC Paul August 15th 05 10:52 AM

Rupert wrote:
Does anyone know where I can get a DIN rail DP changeover contactor?

I *think* Schneider make one (GS-2522M5 for the 240V double pole c/o
contactor) but I can't find anyone in the UK who claims to stock it. And I'm
not 100% certain I've deciphered their tables right to get the part number.

Rupert August 15th 05 02:02 PM

"Rupert" wrote in message

Does anyone know where I can get a DIN rail DP changeover contactor?

Thanks to all who replied. "biggirlsblouse" in free.uk.diy.home came up with
just want I wanted in the end. See below.

"biggirlsblouse" wrote in message

http://uk.farnell.com/jsp/endecaSear...U=103296&N=401
for the relay 240Vac coil, and 2(double pole) changeover contacts rated at
10amps

and;
http://uk.farnell.com/jsp/endecaSear...U=178629&N=401
for the din rail mount plug in socket for the relay. The din rail is top

hat
section not G rail.