DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   What do you all think about this? (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/116516-what-do-you-all-think-about.html)

Mary Fisher August 10th 05 03:35 PM

What do you all think about this?

www.menduk.org

[email protected] August 10th 05 03:49 PM

What happens if you register the details incorrectly. How would they
know you from a thief if you wanted to change them? And a thief could
nick something, check if its on there, and if not, register it himself.
Then when the cops arrive, he can say "look it's mine, its on the
menduk database" !.
I'm sure they must have some identify checks ...
Simon.

Sam Nelson August 10th 05 03:54 PM

In article ,
"Mary Fisher" writes:
www.menduk.org

Spooky. I first saw this mentioned on a work-related mailing list I'm on,
just yesterday. It looks useful. I'm just wondering how it might be
possible for the Bad Guys to subvert it.
--
SAm.

Set Square August 10th 05 06:14 PM

What happens if you register the details incorrectly. How would they
know you from a thief if you wanted to change them? And a thief could
nick something, check if its on there, and if not, register it
himself. Then when the cops arrive, he can say "look it's mine, its
on the menduk database" !.
I'm sure they must have some identify checks ...
Simon.

Interesting possibility! All the more reason to get there first, and
register it *before* it gets nicked, perhaps. [I'm not sure that a crook can
find out whether something is already registered - only if it's registered
as *stolen*. I wonder what happens if you try to register in your name
something which is already registered in somebody else's name?]

Can someone cleverer than me please tell me what the b__ h__ T&C 4.2 (about
liability and damages) means!

--
Cheers,
Set Square

Adrian C August 10th 05 07:27 PM

Mary Fisher wrote:
www.menduk.org

Thanks for reminding me about that. I've just updated my list of things
purchased since I last spend some time at that website. The concept is
fine, but the site is somewhat amateurish in construction. Oh well, at
least its free... and will increase the chance of my stuff coming back
and the toerag properly busted.

--
Adrian C

raden August 10th 05 10:45 PM

In message , Sam Nelson
writes
In article ,
"Mary Fisher" writes:
www.menduk.org

Spooky. I first saw this mentioned on a work-related mailing list I'm on,
just yesterday. It looks useful. I'm just wondering how it might be
possible for the Bad Guys to subvert it.

Or copy it

"Ooh he's got a load of stuff in his house, what's the address?"

--
geoff