DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Garden Line Marking (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/116304-garden-line-marking.html)

[email protected] August 8th 05 03:28 PM

Garden Line Marking

At this time of the year the net goes up in the garden and it would be
nice to be able to draw a few court lines. I phoned the local sports
shop and they don't stock pots of line marking paint.

I wondered if i could use old emulsion paint! Has anyone tried this?
Would it kill the grass? Does anyone know?

Thanks.

nightjar August 8th 05 06:10 PM

wrote in message
oups.com...
At this time of the year the net goes up in the garden and it would be
nice to be able to draw a few court lines. I phoned the local sports
shop and they don't stock pots of line marking paint.

Temporary line marking paint is available from Engineers Suppliers, such as
Key Industrial.

Colin Bignell

Rob Morley August 8th 05 06:49 PM

In article .com,
" says...
At this time of the year the net goes up in the garden and it would be
nice to be able to draw a few court lines. I phoned the local sports
shop and they don't stock pots of line marking paint.

I wondered if i could use old emulsion paint! Has anyone tried this?
Would it kill the grass? Does anyone know?

Can you not just grind some chalk and mix it with water?

Rick August 8th 05 10:17 PM

On 8 Aug 2005 07:28:12 -0700, wrote:

At this time of the year the net goes up in the garden and it would be
nice to be able to draw a few court lines. I phoned the local sports
shop and they don't stock pots of line marking paint.

I wondered if i could use old emulsion paint! Has anyone tried this?
Would it kill the grass? Does anyone know?

Thanks.

the spray paint they paint marks on sheep with is really cheep

I would imagine any paint that does not poison the grass will work.

Rick

Mr Fuxit August 8th 05 11:02 PM

Use the emulsion paint; it wont hurt the grass, and at this time of the
year the grass is growing so quickly that you'll mow the paint off the
next time you mow!

Andy Luckman (AJL Electronics) August 9th 05 01:58 PM

In article , Rick
wrote:

the spray paint they paint marks on sheep with is really cheep

They aren't doing that so much in the Forest. A new scheme is being
experimented with, which is a series of black stripes on the flank.

Apparently it's known as a baa code.

Owain August 9th 05 03:50 PM

Andy Luckman (AJL Electronics) wrote:
the spray paint they paint marks on sheep with is really cheep

They aren't doing that so much in the Forest. A new scheme is being
experimented with, which is a series of black stripes on the flank.
Apparently it's known as a baa code.

The larger version for elephants is the Babar code.

Owain

raden August 9th 05 08:30 PM

In message , Owain
writes
Andy Luckman (AJL Electronics) wrote:
the spray paint they paint marks on sheep with is really cheep

They aren't doing that so much in the Forest. A new scheme is being
experimented with, which is a series of black stripes on the flank.
Apparently it's known as a baa code.

The larger version for elephants is the Babar code.

Or the beach boys version Baa baa baa barbara anne
--
geoff

Owain August 9th 05 08:48 PM

raden wrote:
the spray paint they paint marks on sheep with is really cheep
Apparently it's known as a baa code.

The larger version for elephants is the Babar code.

Or the beach boys version Baa baa baa barbara anne

For blind farmers wanting to find their lambs there's the baa baa baa
baa baby bell.

(That one's a bit cheesy.)

Owain