DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Interesting product but where can you buy it in the UK? (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/116251-interesting-product-but-where-can-you-buy-uk.html)

Mr Fizzion August 8th 05 08:55 AM

Interesting product but where can you buy it in the UK?

http://www.metwood.com/joist_reinfor...ct_details.htm

Mr F

Lobster August 8th 05 06:59 PM

Mr Fizzion wrote:
http://www.metwood.com/joist_reinfor...ct_details.htm

Agreed, but would they fulfil building regs requirements in the UK
though, I wonder?

David

Rick August 8th 05 10:28 PM

On Mon, 08 Aug 2005 08:55:59 +0100, Mr Fizzion
wrote:

http://www.metwood.com/joist_reinfor...ct_details.htm

Mr F

I don't see mention of a BBA certificate, so building regs may get
upset, Given how simple they look, I would imagine you can make
something similar with ease.

Rick

fred August 9th 05 12:23 AM

In article ,
writes
On 8 Aug,
Lobster wrote:

Mr Fizzion wrote:
http://www.metwood.com/joist_reinfor...ct_details.htm

Agreed, but would they fulfil building regs requirements in the UK
though, I wonder?

They look dodgy to me, they don't span enough of the joist, and we don't
normally use that type of I joist anyway.

Agreed, the length looks too short to be of real value, more like someone
thought it would be a good idea & had some made up without doing a
proper mechanical design.
--
fred

[email protected] August 9th 05 09:18 AM

I don't think they'd be very effective but a structural engineer would
know for sure. Better would be a long steel strap under the joist with
a lot of screw fixing points. You might have to cut it in to give a
flat ceiling.