Tim Mitchell

Default looking for wire basket drawers for wardrobe

Anyone know a place to buy wire basket drawers to keep your undies in in
the wardrobe?

woodfit.co.uk is the only one I can find, but they are 500mm wide and I
am looking for narrower ones if they exist.

--
Tim Mitchell
Mary Fisher

"Tim Mitchell" wrote in message

Anyone know a place to buy wire basket drawers to keep your undies in in
the wardrobe?

woodfit.co.uk is the only one I can find, but they are 500mm wide and I am
looking for narrower ones if they exist.

We got some from H*m*b*s* but that was years ago and they were expensive.

You could make your own ... :-)

Mary

--
Tim Mitchell

John Rumm

Mary Fisher wrote:

We got some from H*m*b*s* but that was years ago and they were expensive.

Does "Homebase" constitute swearing in these parts now, or I have I
missed something?

--
Cheers,

John.

Mathew J. Newton

Tim Mitchell wrote:
Anyone know a place to buy wire basket drawers to keep your undies in in
the wardrobe?

woodfit.co.uk is the only one I can find, but they are 500mm wide and I
am looking for narrower ones if they exist.

--
Tim Mitchell

I'd try all the usual sheds - and I seem to recall seeing something
along the lines of what you're describing at Ikea..?

David P

The Ikea ones fit inside a 50mm carcase, or 100mm carcase (minus the
18mm each side)

Tim Mitchell

In article . com, David
P writes
The Ikea ones fit inside a 50mm carcase, or 100mm carcase (minus the
18mm each side)

I presume you mean 500mm or 1000mm (as 50mm, minus 2x18mm, is quite
narrow).
My problem with Ikea is it's a 2 hour round trip from here, with no way
to check if they actually have what you want in stock.

I've looked in all the sheds but none of them seem to do anything like
that - probably not trendy at the moment.
--
Tim Mitchell
Tom

"Tim Mitchell" wrote in message

Anyone know a place to buy wire basket drawers to keep your undies in in
the wardrobe?

woodfit.co.uk is the only one I can find, but they are 500mm wide and I
am looking for narrower ones if they exist.

--
Tim Mitchell

I bought some in a "shed" in Newtown Mid Wales, I can't remember the orig
name but it changed to Focus soon afterwards.
They were a Swedish make the ones I bought went down to 300mm width.
Tom
Ahh I remember now!!!! They were called Elfa drawer systems.
Hope this helps

Mathew J. Newton

Tim Mitchell wrote:
In article . com, David
P writes
The Ikea ones fit inside a 50mm carcase, or 100mm carcase (minus the
18mm each side)

I presume you mean 500mm or 1000mm (as 50mm, minus 2x18mm, is quite
narrow).
My problem with Ikea is it's a 2 hour round trip from here, with no way
to check if they actually have what you want in stock.

Their website allows real-time stock checking although admittedly I
wouldn't trust it if it listed only a couple of items remaining.

Mary Fisher

"John Rumm" wrote in message
Mary Fisher wrote:

We got some from H*m*b*s* but that was years ago and they were expensive.

Does "Homebase" constitute swearing in these parts now, or I have I missed
something?

I don't know about your parts ...

Mary

Richard Conway

Mathew J. Newton wrote:
Tim Mitchell wrote:

In article . com, David
P writes

The Ikea ones fit inside a 50mm carcase, or 100mm carcase (minus the
18mm each side)

I presume you mean 500mm or 1000mm (as 50mm, minus 2x18mm, is quite
narrow).
My problem with Ikea is it's a 2 hour round trip from here, with no way
to check if they actually have what you want in stock.

Their website allows real-time stock checking although admittedly I
wouldn't trust it if it listed only a couple of items remaining.

I wouldn't trust it anyway - we were after a mirror for ages that twice
was reported to be in stock on their website, and once by a human on the
phone. All three times it wasn't in stock. It became apparent that
nobody had the know-how or inclination to change the stock level in the
system - so assuming that they have an automated ordering system, the
system never bothered ordering any more as it thought they already had
loads.

In the end they gave us some petrol money for our trouble and we ended
up getting in some faraway store the we randomly passed outside
Birmingham one evening on the way back from a trip down south.

Mary Fisher

"Tim Mitchell" wrote in message
In article . com, David P
writes
The Ikea ones fit inside a 50mm carcase, or 100mm carcase (minus the
18mm each side)

I presume you mean 500mm or 1000mm (as 50mm, minus 2x18mm, is quite
narrow).
My problem with Ikea is it's a 2 hour round trip from here, with no way to
check if they actually have what you want in stock.

I've looked in all the sheds but none of them seem to do anything like
that - probably not trendy at the moment.

I think you probably have something there ... :-)

Mary
--
Tim Mitchell

Tom

http://www.elfa.com/

Mike Clarke

In article , Mary
Fisher wrote:

"Tim Mitchell" wrote in message

Anyone know a place to buy wire basket drawers to keep your undies in in
the wardrobe?

woodfit.co.uk is the only one I can find, but they are 500mm wide and I am
looking for narrower ones if they exist.

We got some from H*m*b*s* but that was years ago and they were
expensive.

Probably Elfa, which they no longer stock, in fact hardly anyone sells
it now apart from the Elfa website http://www.elfa.com/ or
http://www.sososimple.co.uk/. Very expensive but good quality.

--
Mike Clarke
David P

Um, yes...guess I did mean 500mm and 1000mm!

Ikea is just up the road to me...so send ME the cash and I'll get them
for you next time I am there - lol!

Mary Fisher

"Mike Clarke" wrote in message

We got some from H*m*b*s* but that was years ago and they were expensive.

Probably Elfa, which they no longer stock, in fact hardly anyone sells it
now apart from the Elfa website http://www.elfa.com/ or
http://www.sososimple.co.uk/. Very expensive but good quality.

I think you're right.

Mary

--
Mike Clarke

DJC

http://www.ikea.com/ms/en_GB/custome...stockform.html

--
David Clark

$message_body_include ="PLES RING IF AN RNSR IS REQIRD"
Tim Mitchell

In article , DJC
writes
Tim Mitchell wrote:

My problem with Ikea is it's a 2 hour round trip from here, with no
way to check if they actually have what you want in stock.

http://www.ikea.com/ms/en_GB/custome...bility/product
instockform.html

It's a nice system but totally useless, because it does not reflect the
actual stock level, only what the computer thinks they should have. I've
had several fruitless trips to Ikea because of this.
--
Tim Mitchell