DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Lights suitable for bathroom? (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/114974-lights-suitable-bathroom.html)

Hamie July 28th 05 06:54 PM

Lights suitable for bathroom?

Hi.

Looking in the screwfix catalog that I just got there's an adjustable 4
bar spotlight for 19.99 in there (Page 23, Quote D93742-11). The unit
is 240V and uses a 50W GU10 lamp.

Can this be installed in a bathroom? Or are there special rules for
lighting as well?

TIA

Hamish.

Martin Angove July 28th 05 11:34 PM

In message ,
Hamie wrote:

Hi.

Looking in the screwfix catalog that I just got there's an adjustable 4
bar spotlight for 19.99 in there (Page 23, Quote D93742-11). The unit
is 240V and uses a 50W GU10 lamp.

What you have there isn't a "proper" Screwfix catalogue. p23 in such a
beast is probably still selling screws, and the number after the dash,
referring to the catalogue number, is going to be 77 or 78 by now. Try
http://www.screwfix.com/ Putting 93742 in the box brings up the same
fitting, and you may find others.

Can this be installed in a bathroom? Or are there special rules for
lighting as well?

Google Groups uk.d-i-y for "bathroom zones". This fitting sounds as if
it is unprotected wrt water ingress, therefore it can only be fitted
into zone 3 of the bathroom. Sorry I don't have time for a more complete
answer right now, but zone 3 is quite a long way from the bath and not
all bathrooms have one. Even if you have part of the room in zone 3 it
may not be possible to get the whole of the fitting into this zone as it
is quite long.

Hwyl!

M.

--
Martin Angove: http://www.tridwr.demon.co.uk/
.... I call my computer Hole in the Desk