Stephen

Default Oak barrel as water butt

I'm half way there but need to find a tap ! Tried the usual plastic job
from B&Q but the threaded barrel wasn't long enough to go through the
wood and leave enough to get a nut fastened on the other side.
What do people use on their barrels ?
Thanks
raden

In message , Stephen
writes
I'm half way there but need to find a tap ! Tried the usual plastic job
from B&Q but the threaded barrel wasn't long enough to go through the
wood and leave enough to get a nut fastened on the other side.
What do people use on their barrels ?

Well, I have a brass beer barrel tap

--
geoff
Bob Mannix

"raden" wrote in message
In message , Stephen
writes
I'm half way there but need to find a tap ! Tried the usual plastic job
from B&Q but the threaded barrel wasn't long enough to go through the wood
and leave enough to get a nut fastened on the other side.
What do people use on their barrels ?

Well, I have a brass beer barrel tap

This is, of course, by far the most stylish solution. Failing that, I would
counterbore the hole so the tap sits further into the wood (enough to get
the nut on the back). Of course this needs to be done before you drill the
hole. If you have already done that....

Bob Mannix

Bob Mannix wrote:
"raden" wrote in message
In message , Stephen
writes
I'm half way there but need to find a tap ! Tried the usual plastic job
from B&Q but the threaded barrel wasn't long enough to go through the wood
and leave enough to get a nut fastened on the other side.
What do people use on their barrels ?

Another solution would be to get a short legnth of pipe and some sort
of fitting to go on the back. I am thnging of something like a
straight coupling.

Hope this makes sense!

Heat banks (again!) Dave UK diy 148 September 6th 04 08:45 PM
Hot water recirculation [email protected] Home Repair 18 August 9th 04 05:32 AM
need hot water FAST PV Home Repair 38 January 30th 04 01:15 AM
Why do gas water heaters fail? I-zheet M'drurz Home Repair 40 January 12th 04 09:59 PM