DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Dropping French Door (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/113672-dropping-french-door.html)

Geoff Lane July 17th 05 12:44 PM

Dropping French Door

As a result of a recent extension I've had fitted a set of Upvc french
type patio doors.

One of them appears to be fouling the lower frame of the doors when I
try to close it.

Looking at the three supporting hinges I am assuming that spacers may
be needed or is there normally some type of adjustment on these doors.

Geoff Lane

Andrew Gabriel July 17th 05 01:03 PM

In article ,
Geoff Lane writes:
As a result of a recent extension I've had fitted a set of Upvc french
type patio doors.

One of them appears to be fouling the lower frame of the doors when I
try to close it.

Looking at the three supporting hinges I am assuming that spacers may
be needed or is there normally some type of adjustment on these doors.

Similar question asked recently...
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/...c9878b642090b3

--
Andrew Gabriel

Badger July 17th 05 09:31 PM

Geoff Lane wrote:
As a result of a recent extension I've had fitted a set of Upvc french
type patio doors.

One of them appears to be fouling the lower frame of the doors when I
try to close it.

Looking at the three supporting hinges I am assuming that spacers may
be needed or is there normally some type of adjustment on these doors.

Geoff Lane

Check for subsidance, ours vary in height quite considerably during the
year due to the oaks next to us, the garage also floats in and out from
the house (lean-to precast)....

Steve Walker July 18th 05 06:07 PM

Geoff Lane wrote:
As a result of a recent extension I've had fitted a set of Upvc
french type patio doors.

One of them appears to be fouling the lower frame of the doors
when I try to close it.

Looking at the three supporting hinges I am assuming that spacers
may be needed or is there normally some type of adjustment on
these doors.

Allen-headed grub screws in the hinges? That's what ours have...