DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Removing rust spots on Kitchen Sink (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/112697-removing-rust-spots-kitchen-sink.html)

Mark Carver June 29th 05 12:26 PM

Removing rust spots on Kitchen Sink

We've got a small rust spot in our acrylic kitchen sink (from leaving a baking
tray in there for too long). Is is possible to remove it (the rust spot, not the
tray :-) ) ?

--
Mark
Please replace invalid and invalid with gmx and net to reply

Chris Bacon June 29th 05 12:51 PM

Mark Carver wrote:
We've got a small rust spot in our acrylic kitchen sink (from leaving a
baking tray in there for too long). Is is possible to remove it (the
rust spot, not the tray :-) ) ?

A few drops of hydrochloric acids ("Spirits of Salts"), washed off
with water. Don't get it on your clothes.

Rob Morley June 29th 05 12:52 PM

In article , "Mark Carver"
lid says...
We've got a small rust spot in our acrylic kitchen sink (from leaving a baking
tray in there for too long). Is is possible to remove it (the rust spot, not the
tray :-) ) ?

Lemon juice?

Andrew Gabriel June 29th 05 01:19 PM

In article ,
Chris Bacon writes:
Mark Carver wrote:
We've got a small rust spot in our acrylic kitchen sink (from leaving a
baking tray in there for too long). Is is possible to remove it (the
rust spot, not the tray :-) ) ?

A few drops of hydrochloric acids ("Spirits of Salts"), washed off
with water. Don't get it on your clothes.

Test it on an unbotrusive area first, incase it has some nasty
effect on the finish or colour.

I have a tube of Jenolite Jelly which is Phosphoric Acid in a
jelly. I bought it from a car parts shop about 30 years ago as
a rust remover. I have used it on lots of things for removing
rust stains, including cloths. No idea if you could still find
it, but there's probably some equivalent Phosphoric Acid
product available. Again, test on an unobtrusive area first.

--
Andrew Gabriel

James Salisbury June 29th 05 09:24 PM

"Andrew Gabriel" wrote in message
.. .
In article ,
Chris Bacon writes:
Mark Carver wrote:
We've got a small rust spot in our acrylic kitchen sink (from leaving a
baking tray in there for too long). Is is possible to remove it (the
rust spot, not the tray :-) ) ?

A few drops of hydrochloric acids ("Spirits of Salts"), washed off
with water. Don't get it on your clothes.

Test it on an unbotrusive area first, incase it has some nasty
effect on the finish or colour.

I have a tube of Jenolite Jelly which is Phosphoric Acid in a
jelly. I bought it from a car parts shop about 30 years ago as
a rust remover. I have used it on lots of things for removing
rust stains, including cloths. No idea if you could still find
it, but there's probably some equivalent Phosphoric Acid
product available. Again, test on an unobtrusive area first.

--
Andrew Gabriel

Try leaving the area covered in genuine coca cola??