Default Restoring bleached furniture

Can anyone recommend an easy way to restore the colour in wooden
furniture that has been bleached by the sun?

andrewpreece

wrote in message
oups.com...
Can anyone recommend an easy way to restore the colour in wooden
furniture that has been bleached by the sun?

Just use wood dye. I take it you don't mean that it has turned silver? AFAIK
the only way to stop a weathered wooden surface looking silver is to sand
it back to unweathered wood.

Andy.

andrewpreece

wrote in message
oups.com...
Can anyone recommend an easy way to restore the colour in wooden
furniture that has been bleached by the sun?

It has just occurred to mean that you mean indoor furniture. In that case,
if there is no varnish involved, perhaps oiling the furniture with Danish
Oil
might work. Try it on a small area. Other than that wood dye is all I can
think of.

Andy.

Chris McBrien

I've got a lot of plain 'open' wood, mainly just Pine. I use the cheapest
oil I can find which has been Mangers Teak Oil from B & Q. It adds very
little colour to the wood. It doesn't stink the house out for a day. I've
also used a plant sprayer to apply it to old roof timbers. Cover you mouth
if you are spraying it.

x-- 30+ Days Binary Retention with High Completion
x-- Access to over 1.9 Terabytes per Day - $8.95/Month
x-- UNLIMITED DOWNLOAD