AnthB

Default Very hot water upstairs, not as hot downstairs.

Ok then bought a house in February that had new CH installed the
previous September (ducted air out, combi in)

Previous owner left a note saying if the water isn't hot enough, close
the tap a bit. We were well aware of this with certain combis.

Anyway the other half is constantly complaining about how the kitchen
tap doesn't run hot enough and the dishes aren't as clean as they used
to be in the last house. I argue with her to close the tap a bit but
have thes inkling in the back of my mind she's right somehow.

On a side note, I don't think it's the water temparature that's
affecting the washing up but the water itself. We only moved a couple
of miles but even a cup of tea isn't what it was like in the old house.

Anyway,

In comparison however, there's an abundance of hot water in the
bathroom and you can open the taps fully without a problem. The shower
is heaven and you have to run the cold too as it comes out so hot. Way
hotter than it would come out of the kitchen taps at that pressure.

I can expect the answer but is this common?

TheScullster

even a cup of tea isn't what it was like in the old house.

Plastic instead of lead feed pipe?

Set Square

AnthB wrote:

[...]

Is *all* the hot water heated instantly by the combi - or do you also have a
stored hot water system?

The house must have had a stored hot water system with hot air heating. Has
that been retained? If so, it would account for a good flow to the bath taps
compared with a pathetic flow to the kitchen tap. [If you do have stored hot
water, check how it is heated. Hopefully, the CH side of the combi will have
been zoned into a true CH zone and a HW zone. But it might *just* be heated
by an immersion heater - in which it will be costing you an arm and a leg
compared to heating it with gas].
--
Cheers,
Set Square

Detergents and cleaners FAQ [email protected] UK diy 49 September 26th 05 12:34 AM
need hot water FAST PV Home Repair 38 January 30th 04 02:15 AM
NO MORE hot water problems [email protected] Home Repair 9 January 29th 04 07:15 PM
Thankless or Tankless hot water heaters [email protected] Home Repair 6 January 29th 04 04:01 AM
Why do gas water heaters fail? I-zheet M'drurz Home Repair 40 January 12th 04 10:59 PM