DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Shower electrical cable (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/1124-shower-electrical-cable.html)

Jeff August 13th 03 04:38 PM

Shower electrical cable

Hi,

I'm about to swap out the old bathroom suite and replace it all including
the rather nasty shower.

The shower is I believe an 8.5KW affair and the power supply appears to be
fairly modern (approx 2yrs old ) cable on a 45A breaker.

But, I can't tell what the size of the cable ie. 10mm^2, so I'm not sure if
we can have a more powerful shower without risk of overloading the cable. I
read somewhere that by measuring the outside diameter of the cable you could
determine the size of the conductors in the cable, anyone know of these
figures?

Cheers,

Jeff

Wheelbarrowbob August 13th 03 04:44 PM

Shower electrical cable

go to local wholesaler ask him for 3" of 10 mm sq go home and compare