DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   conduit (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/109928-conduit.html)

BigWallop June 14th 05 01:07 AM

"marky" wrote in message
is it possible to use 1.5mm twin and earth in the 20/25mm round pvc

conduit
as my electrician told you can only use individual cables through this

type
of conduit....

thanks in advance

It's a harder pull through, but it can be done. It's lots easier with
individual wiring though, as the leading end of the outer PVC covering needs
to be tightly wrapped to stop it catching on joints and things. Individual
wiring is also easier to make off and shape at junctions than fully bound
PVC coated cables. But nothing stopping you trying it.

Tim Mitchell June 14th 05 08:49 AM

In article , BigWallop
writes

"marky" wrote in message
is it possible to use 1.5mm twin and earth in the 20/25mm round pvc

conduit
as my electrician told you can only use individual cables through this

type
of conduit....

thanks in advance

It's a harder pull through, but it can be done. It's lots easier with
individual wiring though, as the leading end of the outer PVC covering needs
to be tightly wrapped to stop it catching on joints and things. Individual
wiring is also easier to make off and shape at junctions than fully bound
PVC coated cables. But nothing stopping you trying it.

You will really struggle to get more than one T&E cable through, if
there are any corners you have no chance. It really is much easier with
singles. (Speaking from painful experience)
--
Tim Mitchell

marky June 15th 05 12:46 AM

thanks for the advice