Tim Steele

Default How to repair an Electrolux vacuum cleaner?

The capacitor on the side of our Electrolux vacuum cleaner motor has burnt
out.

Can I get a replacement or do I have to buy a whole motor assembly?

The numbers on the motor read Electrolux 15075-5.2 34-90 and the capacitor
is marked PXB4002/23E 40/100/56
The cleaner itself is an Electrolux Deluxe 1000 Z1810 9002102

I seem to remember there was a shop selling vacuum spares on Burleigh St
Cambridge but I can't find them on the web.

Thanks for any assistance

Tim

Steve Slatcher

On Sun, 12 Jun 2005 20:49:42 GMT, "Tim Steele"
wrote:

I seem to remember there was a shop selling vacuum spares on Burleigh St
Cambridge but I can't find them on the web.

The Vacuum Cleaner Centre
51, Burleigh St,
Cambridge,
Cambridgeshire CB1 1DJ
Tel: 01223 364499

Courtesy of yell.co.uk
--
Steve Slatcher
http://pobox.com/~steve.slatcher
Tim Steele

Steve Slatcher wrote:
The Vacuum Cleaner Centre...

Thank you! I also looked on yell but couldn't find them.

Cheers

Tim

Bob Minchin

Tim Steele wrote in message ...
The capacitor on the side of our Electrolux vacuum cleaner motor has burnt
out.

Can I get a replacement or do I have to buy a whole motor assembly?

The numbers on the motor read Electrolux 15075-5.2 34-90 and the capacitor
is marked PXB4002/23E 40/100/56
The cleaner itself is an Electrolux Deluxe 1000 Z1810 9002102

I seem to remember there was a shop selling vacuum spares on Burleigh St
Cambridge but I can't find them on the web.

Thanks for any assistance

Tim

None of the numbers seem to make sense as capacitor values and I've not seen
a capacitor motor in a vac. Usually they use universal brush motors.
I expect this item is a mains filter and before shelling out on a new one,
disconnect it and see if the motor runs ok.

Bob

BigWallop

"Tim Steele" wrote in message
The capacitor on the side of our Electrolux vacuum cleaner motor has burnt
out.

Can I get a replacement or do I have to buy a whole motor assembly?

The numbers on the motor read Electrolux 15075-5.2 34-90 and the capacitor
is marked PXB4002/23E 40/100/56
The cleaner itself is an Electrolux Deluxe 1000 Z1810 9002102

I seem to remember there was a shop selling vacuum spares on Burleigh St
Cambridge but I can't find them on the web.

Thanks for any assistance

Tim

Do you have a local TV repair shop near you? They might be able to get you
a mains filter CAP of the right rating as well.

Jules

wrote:

I seem to remember there was a shop selling vacuum spares on Burleigh St
Cambridge but I can't find them on the web.

The Vacuum Cleaner Centre
51, Burleigh St,
Cambridge,
Cambridgeshire CB1 1DJ
Tel: 01223 364499

The elderly chap who was in there when I dropped by a while ago was most
helpful too, so big thumbs-up from me.

cheers

Jules

Duncan Wood

On Sun, 12 Jun 2005 22:35:56 +0100, BigWallop
wrote:

"Tim Steele" wrote in message
The capacitor on the side of our Electrolux vacuum cleaner motor has
burnt
out.

Can I get a replacement or do I have to buy a whole motor assembly?

The numbers on the motor read Electrolux 15075-5.2 34-90 and the
capacitor
is marked PXB4002/23E 40/100/56
The cleaner itself is an Electrolux Deluxe 1000 Z1810 9002102

I seem to remember there was a shop selling vacuum spares on Burleigh St
Cambridge but I can't find them on the web.

Thanks for any assistance

Tim

Do you have a local TV repair shop near you? They might be able to get
you
a mains filter CAP of the right rating as well.

The Vacuum Cleaner Centre 51 Burleigh St, Cambridge, CB1 1DJ - 01223 364499
or
G.A.N Electrical 13-14, The Broadway, Cambridge, Cambridgeshire CB1 3AH
Tel: 01223 248667
should be able to help.
Alan Braggins

In article , Bob Minchin wrote:

Tim Steele wrote in message ...
The capacitor on the side of our Electrolux vacuum cleaner motor has burnt
out.

Can I get a replacement or do I have to buy a whole motor assembly?

The numbers on the motor read Electrolux 15075-5.2 34-90 and the capacitor
is marked PXB4002/23E 40/100/56
The cleaner itself is an Electrolux Deluxe 1000 Z1810 9002102

None of the numbers seem to make sense as capacitor values and I've not seen
a capacitor motor in a vac. Usually they use universal brush motors.
I expect this item is a mains filter and before shelling out on a new one,
disconnect it and see if the motor runs ok.

And if it runs ok but causes TV or radio interference, that's why it
is supposed to have a filter, and consider how close your neighbours
are before keeping running it like that.
Bob Minchin

Tim Steele wrote in message ...
[...]

Alan, I only suggested this as a test before buying a new part - not
suggesting that the op should run long term without a supressor
My thinking was that if the suppressor had failed but the motor continue to
work, why would the OP have thought something had gone wrong in the first
place. Therefore maybe the motor had stopped working for some other reason
and it would be worth checking that first.

just my 2p

Bob

Mark

Yo people...

If the suppressor fails, then this can lead to early failure of the motor!

The suppressor not only suppresses the interference produced but also
suppresses
the violent spark across the motor armature.