DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Sizing of waste pipe for washbasin (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/109306-sizing-waste-pipe-washbasin.html)

Tony June 8th 05 11:42 AM

Sizing of waste pipe for washbasin

The Management has finally decided on the new layout for the bathroom; all I
have to do now is fit it! Her plan results in the washbasin being sited
approximately 4 metres from the soil pipe (single ventilated stack
arrangement). According to what I have read t would seem that I need to use
50mm diameter waste pipe for this run in order to prevent loss of the seal
in the trap through siphonage.

I don't have a problem with using this size of waste pipe if necessary but
it does seem a bit large. Do I need to use it or is there any way (perhaps
by use of an anti-syphon trap) in which I can reduce the size needed?

Grateful for any advice

Tony
(more Spud than Bob the Builder)

tarquinlinbin June 8th 05 07:08 PM

On Wed, 8 Jun 2005 11:42:52 +0100, "Tony"
wrote:

The Management has finally decided on the new layout for the bathroom; all I
have to do now is fit it! Her plan results in the washbasin being sited
approximately 4 metres from the soil pipe (single ventilated stack
arrangement). According to what I have read t would seem that I need to use
50mm diameter waste pipe for this run in order to prevent loss of the seal
in the trap through siphonage.

I don't have a problem with using this size of waste pipe if necessary but
it does seem a bit large. Do I need to use it or is there any way (perhaps
by use of an anti-syphon trap) in which I can reduce the size needed?

Grateful for any advice

Tony
(more Spud than Bob the Builder)

Washbasin wastes are usually sized for 32mm pipe,have a look here for
further info..

http://www.marleyplumbinganddrainage.com/

Be a good Global citizen-CONSUMECONFORMOBEY

Circumcision- A crime and an abuse.
http://www.sexuallymutilatedchild.org/

Rod June 9th 05 11:39 PM

"Tony" wrote in
:

I don't have a problem with using this size of waste pipe if necessary
but it does seem a bit large. Do I need to use it or is there any way
(perhaps by use of an anti-syphon trap) in which I can reduce the size
needed?

HepVO - Excellent. Search archives and/or Hepworth's website. (Their
flexible waste pipe also works very well.)

--
Rod