DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   AEG OKO-Lavamat 72630 giver error E40 (E42) (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/109000-aeg-oko-lavamat-72630-giver-error-e40-e42.html)

Nicholas Oxhøj June 4th 05 09:45 PM

AEG OKO-Lavamat 72630 giver error E40 (E42)

Hi

I own an AEG OKO-Lavamat 72630 washing machine which has started
malfunctioning. When I press the Start/Pause button to start a washing
program, the door locking mechanism clicks 4 or 5 times and then the
display shows an error code E40. According to the manual this just
seems to indicate some kind of problem locking the door. On the web I
found a description of how to turn on some kind of diagnostic program,
which then gives an extended error code of E42, but I have no idea what
this means exactly.

I have tried to locate AEG service/repair manuals on the web, but
without success.

I would really appreciate any info/help on this error.

Regards
Nicholas Oxh=F8j

Tim Morley June 5th 05 09:51 AM

"Nicholas Oxhøj" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi

I own an AEG OKO-Lavamat 72630 washing machine which has started
malfunctioning. When I press the Start/Pause button to start a washing
program, the door locking mechanism clicks 4 or 5 times and then the
display shows an error code E40. According to the manual this just
seems to indicate some kind of problem locking the door. On the web I
found a description of how to turn on some kind of diagnostic program,
which then gives an extended error code of E42, but I have no idea what
this means exactly.

I have tried to locate AEG service/repair manuals on the web, but
without success.

I would really appreciate any info/help on this error.

Regards
Nicholas Oxhøj

I would guese the plc is not seeing the lock mechanism closing. There must
be a switch in the locking part (like in central locking) to enable the next
program step.

Brian Sharrock June 5th 05 10:58 AM

"Tim Morley" tim.morley*REMOVE wrote in message
. uk...

[...]

I posses a similar machine - now about 3 years old(?) - I can't
be bothered to drag out the receipt - It seems to me that "E40"
just means 'Help'! Everytime something goes wrong - the machine displays
E40. Most frequently the filter has become gunged up; -
Often this helps;
Towards the bottom right of the machine is a pull-down flap.
Drain the machine - there's a tube at the bottom of the machine
with a plastic plug - you'll see a butterfly handle, pull hard; the plug
is a round ball on the end of a stick.
Unscrew the large diameter thing (pump cover) -
Don't do this before the drain step!!!
Withdraw the filter cylinder and remove any gunge - the
filter port has two ports - the left one is the impellor
pump and the right one is the discharge pipe; feel to ensure
these are not gunged up either.
Reassemble in reverse order - as Haynes say.

Almost every programme necessitates a pump activation to
assure that the machine is empty of water .
The action(s) above 'clears' most E40 reports - although once
the pump motor was dead ... it still said E40.

--

Brian