Default Gas meter box location

Hi,

I'm just applying to Transco to have my gas meter moved onto an
external wall. I want to use a 'cavity' meter box, which means that I
have to install it myself before Transco come along to do the meter
work.

My question is about the 'rules' ragarding the positioning of the meter
box. Transco's guidance notes say that the box '*should* be located so
that the base is 500mm to 1000mm abo0ve the finished ground level. I'm
a bit short of space, so it would be about 330mm above a concrete path.

How rigid is this '500mm to 1000mm' requirement? I actually propose to
replace the concrete path, so if push comes to shove I could remove the
path and that would give me the 500mm needed to meet the Transco
guidelines.

Do I need to do this, or is the 500mm flexible?

Thanks,

Mike

Gas meter regulations Chris UK diy 11 April 20th 05 05:49 PM
Moving electricity meter, cutout and consumer unit nospam UK diy 2 July 26th 04 08:06 PM
water meter set aside plans dave @ stejonda UK diy 10 March 19th 04 11:59 PM
munet digital electric watthour meter login problem INTERESTING TECHNOLOGY! jack morgan Home Repair 0 November 15th 03 07:21 PM
Huge water bill; freeze; meter failure; who should pay? Scoot Home Repair 10 July 22nd 03 02:51 AM