DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Hammerite (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/108654-hammerite.html)

Frank Erskine June 1st 05 03:03 PM

Hammerite

Does anyone have any ideas please for removing Hammerite? I've been
given a microfiche reader whose case has had Hammerite applied,
apparently using a wooden stick, so I'd like to strip the stuff off
and reapply properly.

TIA -
--
Frank Erskine
Sunderland

BigWallop June 1st 05 03:08 PM

"Frank Erskine" wrote in message
Does anyone have any ideas please for removing Hammerite? I've been
given a microfiche reader whose case has had Hammerite applied,
apparently using a wooden stick, so I'd like to strip the stuff off
and reapply properly.

TIA -

Frank Erskine

Remove all the workings and delicate from the machine, and then send the
casing to a Dip'N'Strip place to remove all the old stuff. You can then
apply any protective coating you like to it.

Also a good idea to have the casing paint dipped or sprayed to give a new
lease of life.

And it isn't expensive either, you'll be amazed.

Frank Erskine June 1st 05 03:20 PM

On Wed, 01 Jun 2005 14:08:46 GMT, "BigWallop"
wrote:

"Frank Erskine" wrote in message
.. .
Does anyone have any ideas please for removing Hammerite? I've been
given a microfiche reader whose case has had Hammerite applied,
apparently using a wooden stick, so I'd like to strip the stuff off
and reapply properly.

TIA -

Frank Erskine

Remove all the workings and delicate from the machine, and then send the
casing to a Dip'N'Strip place to remove all the old stuff. You can then
apply any protective coating you like to it.

Also a good idea to have the casing paint dipped or sprayed to give a new
lease of life.

And it isn't expensive either, you'll be amazed.

Thanks. I wasn't sure whether or not D&S would work on such a "finish"
:-)

--
Frank Erskine