DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Propane hob pipework under concrete floor or in block wall? (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/107343-propane-hob-pipework-under-concrete-floor-block-wall.html)

keefers May 25th 05 05:33 PM

Propane hob pipework under concrete floor or in block wall?

I'm putting in a propane hob using plastic-shielded 10mm copper. The
pipework is all off the one coil - i.e. no joins at all. It runs under a
wooden floor (under the joists) in a sunlounge and then gets to a cavity
wall into the kitchen. From there, there's a need for it to go about a metre
to the hob. I've got a number of choices....

1. Track the floor and run it along the track and concrete it back in (it's
still shielded so cement corrosion on copper shouldn't be a concern)
2. Track the wall and run it round the wall
3. Surface mount it on the wall and cut into the kitchen units.

I don't *think* I'm allowed to do option 3. Options 1 and 2 I don't know.
I'd prefer option 1 - by far. Tracking and concreting are no problem at all,
and it's a much neater end result.

I know these discussions often end up with the regular "Corgi versus
competent d-i-y" argument. I'm happy that I'm competent - I've done plenty
plumbing on water and never had a leak on a soldered joint in my life, and
I've installed gas prior to the existence of Corgi. So what I'm saying is,
I'm more than happy I can do the job. What I don't know is, what am I
*allowed* to do. Am I allowed to track it into the concrete floor?