DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Tumble dryer vent (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/107227-tumble-dryer-vent.html)

Dave May 24th 05 12:29 PM

Tumble dryer vent

I need to fit a tumble dryer vent in a new extension but I can't find
anything that looks reasonable - any suggestions?

Dave

dave May 24th 05 12:39 PM

"Dave" wrote in message
I need to fit a tumble dryer vent in a new extension but I can't find
anything that looks reasonable - any suggestions?

Dave

I used a vent cowl, flat channel ducting and an adaptor ring to go through a
brick. all available from screwfix. (14789,14118,12049)
Dave

Christian McArdle May 24th 05 02:11 PM

I need to fit a tumble dryer vent in a new extension but I can't find
anything that looks reasonable - any suggestions?

Buy a condensor dryer. Then you won't be fiddling around with incompatible
hole adaptors every time you replace it. It is also considerably less ugly
than a manky outlet blasting expensive electrically heated air dripping
mould onto the path. They also work, unlike all the vented dryers I've used,
which always kink their hoses when installed and shut down frequently.

Christian.