Peter

Default Anyone know where I can get an all-plastic cheap 4cm bore butterly valve?

I am looking for a 4cm bore completely plastic butterfly valve (or
similar) for low pressure water.

I can find plenty of web sites offering expensive items but am
wondering if anyone knows of a cheap alternative designed for domestic
use, garden ponds etc...

I need a butterfly valve as I require low operating torque.

Aidan

http://www.everyvalve.co.uk/

John

"Peter" wrote in message
I am looking for a 4cm bore completely plastic butterfly valve (or
similar) for low pressure water.

I can find plenty of web sites offering expensive items but am
wondering if anyone knows of a cheap alternative designed for domestic
use, garden ponds etc...

I need a butterfly valve as I require low operating torque.

Find a local "large" tomato/cucumber or other horticultural business and ask
if you can trawl through their scrap heap. you might be lucky.

Aidan

You might be lucky. Why would such a plastic valve, with no scrap
value, be put on the scrap heap in the first place?

John

"Aidan" wrote in message
oups.com...
You might be lucky. Why would such a plastic valve, with no scrap
value, be put on the scrap heap in the first place?

Do you think bits and pieces cut out from a pipework system on a maintenance
or refurbishment basis are going to be carefully placed in a bin bag and
taken away by the bin collectors? Such stuff is usually thrown on a heap and
cleared out when the heap has grown to make a worthwhile clear out via a
skip or trailer.

Aidan

I think such a valve might be put on the scrap heap because it's scrap,
knackered, BER, defunct, an ex-valve. If it worked it would probably be
recycled. But like you said, he might be lucky.

Peter

Thanks for the tip.

I am not looking for a high-spec butterfly valve that I can get
cheaply but for a plastic valve designed for some cheap undemanding
task. Hek, I don't even need much of a seal when its shut, it just has
to inhibit the water flow.

On 21 May 2005 08:30:50 -0700, "Aidan" wrote:

You might be lucky. Why would such a plastic valve, with no scrap
value, be put on the scrap heap in the first place?

Cheap room divider ? Drew V Home Repair 17 January 21st 05 04:54 AM
trenching and other uses of a high pressure washer Jer Home Repair 5 November 18th 04 08:59 PM
Earth Bondng Adrian Simpson UK diy 8 March 21st 04 11:58 PM
Joining Plastic Waste pipe to Lead pipe tinklemagoo UK diy 3 February 19th 04 05:34 AM
A new low in cheap tools? Mickey Feldman Metalworking 35 February 15th 04 03:37 AM