DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Removing IKEA kitchen drawers (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/106898-removing-ikea-kitchen-drawers.html)

Tony Eva May 21st 05 09:15 AM

Removing IKEA kitchen drawers

I want to retrofit my IKEA kitchen with those soft-closing buffers that
B&Q sell, but I need to get the drawers out to drill the holes to take
them and I cannot see how to release the drawer stop mechanism on the
runners. I've tried lifting the drawers as I pull them out, and felt
around for any latch release buttons or levers, but no luck. Can anyone
help?

The kitchen's around 6 months old, silver-coloured/metal sided drawer
boxes, Blum runners, if that helps. Sadly I no longer have the assembly
instructions.

TIA

--
Tony

Oliver May 21st 05 10:27 AM

Ikea do the soft closing buffers and I reckon they will be alot easier to
install than trying to retro fit.
The draws do come out you just pull all the way out then lift slightly up.
Sometimes it is a bit hard, just been taking the draws out of my Ikea
kitchen.

Tony Eva May 21st 05 01:01 PM

Oliver wrote:
Ikea do the soft closing buffers and I reckon they will be alot easier to
install than trying to retro fit.

Do you know if IKEA will sell the buffers separately? (Though fitting
the B&Q ones is easy enough, it just needs a (straight) hole in the
carcase edge deep enough to take the pneumatic cylinder.)

The draws do come out you just pull all the way out then lift slightly up.

Thanks, that gave me the confidence to use the necessary welly and they
came out fine. Just needed to know that I was doing the right thing...

--
Tony