paul_s

Default plastering courses in the North East area

Hello folks,

Am new to this group but as information on t'internet about plastering
in the North East are seems either to be at a premium or just plain
hard to find I thought I would take the plunge.
I am currently rennovating a house in sunderland and lack of finance
means I ham having too look at doing some sort of plastering course,
does anybody have any links or addresses for the Sunderland,Gateshead
or Newcastle area for courses?

Frank Erskine

On 12 May 2005 02:25:35 -0700, "paul_s" wrote:

Hello folks,

Am new to this group but as information on t'internet about plastering
in the North East are seems either to be at a premium or just plain
hard to find I thought I would take the plunge.
I am currently rennovating a house in sunderland and lack of finance
means I ham having too look at doing some sort of plastering course,
does anybody have any links or addresses for the Sunderland,Gateshead
or Newcastle area for courses?

Give the City of Sunderland College a call. Although plastering as
such isn't listed on their prospectus, it might be included in their
brickie courses or suchlike, or they might point (sic) you in the
right direction.

--
Frank Erskine
Sunderland
paul_s

I have already rang City of Sunderland College, no can do on the
plastering front, I am prepared to pay if anything is out there If I
could become halfway good at it could look at it as possible carreer
change, anything has got to be better than call centres! If anyone is
interested they do evening plumbing courses starting in September am
going to sign up for that in July.

AnthB

http://www.tap.co.uk/html3/showresd....providerco de

paul_s

AnthB, cool, cheers that looks just the job will give them a ring later

nick smith

I did the plastering course up near Bedford and they had recently opened up a
place "up North" somewhere - not sure where - may even have been in Scotland.

I am pretty sure it is called the "Plasterers Workshop" and can very highly
recommend it - will try to find the invoice and post the info.

I had plastered a few walls, but was slower and they certainly speeded me up,
and taught me several techniques I don't think I would have discovered by trial
and error

Nick

Tim Smith

"nick smith" wrote in message
I did the plastering course up near Bedford and they had recently opened up
place "up North" somewhere - not sure where - may even have been in
Scotland.

I am pretty sure it is called the "Plasterers Workshop" and can very
highly
recommend it - will try to find the invoice and post the info.

I had plastered a few walls, but was slower and they certainly speeded me
up,
and taught me several techniques I don't think I would have discovered by
trial
and error

Nick

I did that one, it was called plasteringworkshop.com.

I believe the one "up north" was in Dumfries so its quite a trek from the
NorthEast. It was an excellent course though....

Tim

[news]

AnthB wrote:
http://www.tap.co.uk/html3/showresd....providerco de

is that Big Anth ?

RT

Owain

Tim Smith wrote:
I believe the one "up north" was in Dumfries so its quite a trek from the
NorthEast.

Yes, Dumfries is in the south west :-)

Owain

AnthB

according to the lasses.....

Mike Clarke

In article .com,
paul_s wrote:

I am currently rennovating a house in sunderland and lack of finance
means I ham having too look at doing some sort of plastering course,
does anybody have any links or addresses for the Sunderland,Gateshead
or Newcastle area for courses?

There's a couple of adverts in our local free papers (S.E.
Northumberland) offering short, 4 & 8 day, courses:

Builders Training North East 0191 267 5777
http://www.builderstrainingnortheast.com

and

"Plastering & Tiling Course" based in Northumberland. No address
but phone no is 07986 527574

I've no idea what these places are like so can't make any comment on
them other than just passing on the above info.

--
Mike Clarke