DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Dyson DC04 brush bar clutch (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/105516-dyson-dc04-brush-bar-clutch.html)

Andrew Gabriel May 6th 05 06:26 PM

Dyson DC04 brush bar clutch

Does anyone know how to get the brush bar clutch out?
I got all the casing off to expose it, but would really
like to take it out and clean it. It's suffering from
5 years of mainly plaster dust, which stops the clutch
fully engaging always. A blast through the gaps with
a compressed air can improved things, but I would
really like to take out out and dismantle to clean it
properly. I think the clue may be how to get the large
brush bar knob off it, as it looks like the clutch
assembly is put into the casing and then this knob
clipped on the end of it, which stops it being extracted
again from the underside.

--
Andrew Gabriel

Adrian C May 6th 05 08:19 PM

Andrew Gabriel wrote:
Does anyone know how to get the brush bar clutch out?

http://www.clayraku.fsnet.co.uk/Dyson/ClutchOut.html might help?

---
Adrian

Andrew Gabriel May 6th 05 10:13 PM

In article ,
Adrian C writes:
Andrew Gabriel wrote:
Does anyone know how to get the brush bar clutch out?

http://www.clayraku.fsnet.co.uk/Dyson/ClutchOut.html might help?

Thanks. I got as far as Fig 16, but didn't use enough force
as I didn't know if that was the right way to proceed.

--
Andrew Gabriel