DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   kitchen units (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/105004-kitchen-units.html)

Maurice Hood May 2nd 05 07:32 PM

kitchen units

My kitchen units are now about 15 years old and looking tatty. shmbo
wants them painted.
What type of paint should I use? Doors etc are real wood!
What is the considered opinion on best method of application?
brush,spray or roller?

Paul Mc Cann May 2nd 05 07:46 PM

In article 5d07f333bced80b7000c5fe6ce817827.126261
@mygate.mailgate.org, says...
My kitchen units are now about 15 years old and looking tatty. shmbo
wants them painted.
What type of paint should I use? Doors etc are real wood!
What is the considered opinion on best method of application?
brush,spray or roller?

s H mbo ?
--
Paul Mc Cann

Set Square May 2nd 05 07:56 PM

Maurice Hood wrote:

My kitchen units are now about 15 years old and looking tatty. shmbo
wants them painted.

[Since when did "who" begin with 'h'? g]

What type of paint should I use? Doors etc are real wood!
What is the considered opinion on best method of application?
brush,spray or roller?

Are they currently painted? If not, can't you sand them down and varnish or
wax them?
--
Cheers,
Set Square

Jason Judge May 3rd 05 10:46 PM

"Paul Mc Cann" wrote in message
.. .
In article 5d07f333bced80b7000c5fe6ce817827.126261
@mygate.mailgate.org, says...
My kitchen units are now about 15 years old and looking tatty. shmbo
wants them painted.
What type of paint should I use? Doors etc are real wood!
What is the considered opinion on best method of application?
brush,spray or roller?

s H mbo ?

Hehe - She Hoo Must Be Obeyed ;-)

David Lang May 4th 05 05:46 PM

Set Square asked

Are they currently painted? If not, can't you sand them down and varnish

or
wax them?

The OP's SWIMBO wants them painted - don't you understand anything?

:-)

Dave

Set Square May 4th 05 09:12 PM

David Lang wrote:

Set Square asked

Are they currently painted? If not, can't you sand them down and
varnish or wax them?

The OP's SWIMBO wants them painted - don't you understand anything?

:-)

Dave

She *may* be open to negotiation. After all, she presumably chose natural
wood finish in preference to paint or melamine when they were new, and may
not realise that it is possible to restore them without having to resort to
paint.
--
Cheers,
Set Square