DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Recommend an alarm system (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/104649-recommend-alarm-system.html)

John Rumm April 29th 05 04:28 AM

Recommend an alarm system

A friend wants me to help him install an alarm system. Nothing elaborate
required IIUC, with protection for five or six rooms. Wants to be simple
to operate.

Any recommendations for good products and suppliers?

(no need for wireless since he put all the wires in place when he built
the house!)

--
Cheers,

John.

r.p.mcmurphy April 29th 05 09:23 AM

"John Rumm" wrote in message

A friend wants me to help him install an alarm system. Nothing elaborate
required IIUC, with protection for five or six rooms. Wants to be simple
to operate.

Any recommendations for good products and suppliers?

(no need for wireless since he put all the wires in place when he built
the house!)

--
Cheers,

John.

Texecom Veritas 8 Compact range. cheap, but high quality. cost me 160notes
to buy a complete system with a control panel, 2 extra keypads, loads of
sensors etc.

Steve

Gary April 29th 05 01:56 PM

"r.p.mcmurphy" wrote in message

"John Rumm" wrote in message

A friend wants me to help him install an alarm system. Nothing elaborate
required IIUC, with protection for five or six rooms. Wants to be simple
to operate.

Any recommendations for good products and suppliers?

(no need for wireless since he put all the wires in place when he built
the house!)
Cheers,
John.

Texecom Veritas 8 Compact range. cheap, but high quality. cost me
160notes to buy a complete system with a control panel, 2 extra keypads,
loads of sensors etc.

Steve

I've got to agree with Steve. Fitted 1 myself, no probs
Gary

John Rumm April 29th 05 02:46 PM

r.p.mcmurphy wrote:

Thanks Steve,

Texecom Veritas 8 Compact range. cheap, but high quality. cost me 160notes
to buy a complete system with a control panel, 2 extra keypads, loads of
sensors etc.

Where did you get it?

--
Cheers,

John.

r.p.mcmurphy April 29th 05 09:05 PM

Thanks Steve,

Texecom Veritas 8 Compact range. cheap, but high quality. cost me
160notes to buy a complete system with a control panel, 2 extra keypads,
loads of sensors etc.

Where did you get it?

--
Cheers,

John.

http://ec-uk.net/catalog1.asp?ShopRef=236&CatID=591

i got mine from alertelectrical but their texecom links don't seem to be
working, so ive dug this one up off google 4 u.

steve

John Rumm April 29th 05 09:58 PM

r.p.mcmurphy wrote:

http://ec-uk.net/catalog1.asp?ShopRef=236&CatID=591

i got mine from alertelectrical but their texecom links don't seem to be
working, so ive dug this one up off google 4 u.

Thanks!

--
Cheers,

John.