DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Howard Gem... (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/103842-howard-gem.html)

r.p.mcmurphy April 22nd 05 08:34 AM

Howard Gem...

Hi, Just bought a Gem and i need to know how to drop the gearbox oil and
fill it again with new....can anyone who has experience of these rotovators
tell me? i have not yet been able to get hold of a service manual...but i
keep trying! i have dropped the chain oil and replaced it with engine oil,
and changed the motors oil and the air filter oil.

Thanks In Anticipation!

Steve

[email protected] April 22nd 05 09:19 AM

r.p.mcmurphy wrote:
Hi, Just bought a Gem and i need to know how to drop the gearbox oil and
fill it again with new....can anyone who has experience of these rotovators
tell me? i have not yet been able to get hold of a service manual...but i
keep trying! i have dropped the chain oil and replaced it with engine oil,
and changed the motors oil and the air filter oil.

On my Howard (not a Gem, a 200) there is a fairly obvious brass filler
on the gearbox, I'm not sure how you empty it though, maybe lie the
whole machine on its side?

--
Chris Green