DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   brikmat bricklaying aid (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/103500-brikmat-bricklaying-aid.html)

Simon April 19th 05 12:19 PM

brikmat bricklaying aid

http://www.buildingtalk.com/news/cat/cat115.html

Anyone got opinions on this ?
You have to level the bottom course yourself, but I'm sure it could
help me progress from the "low brick wall" to building an extension !

By the way, how accurate are bricks ? They would need to be very
precise to ensure no veering off on a high brick wall.

Simon.

EricP April 19th 05 12:46 PM

On 19 Apr 2005 04:19:02 -0700, (Simon) babbled
like a waterfall and said:

http://www.buildingtalk.com/news/cat/cat115.html

Anyone got opinions on this ?
You have to level the bottom course yourself, but I'm sure it could
help me progress from the "low brick wall" to building an extension !

By the way, how accurate are bricks ? They would need to be very
precise to ensure no veering off on a high brick wall.

Simon.

Look for the recent posts headed "Bricky Tool"

Tony Bryer April 19th 05 01:04 PM

In article , Simon
wrote:
By the way, how accurate are bricks ? They would need to be very
precise to ensure no veering off on a high brick wall.

It depends on the bricks: flettons and wire-cut extruded bricks (the
ones with holes in them) are usually pretty consistent. If you pay
serious money you can get hand made stocks - no two the same.

[Latest version QSEDBUK 1.10 released 4 April 2005]

Mike April 19th 05 07:27 PM

"Simon" wrote in message
om...
http://www.buildingtalk.com/news/cat/cat115.html

Anyone got opinions on this ?
You have to level the bottom course yourself, but I'm sure it could
help me progress from the "low brick wall" to building an extension !

It's quite good. Bought a pack at the show and they do seem to help me keep
the corners uniform. Of course a pro bricky wouldn't have this problem.

By the way, how accurate are bricks ?

For new ones - very
For old ones - ho ho