DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   repair of Kodak ls443 (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/102907-repair-kodak-ls443.html)

Andrew Welham April 15th 05 07:48 PM

repair of Kodak ls443

Think it's my turn for things to break, any way my Kodak LS443 started
to take blank photos last week. I finally got round to taking it apart,
only to find the little flex cable inside the lens has broken, hence
causing the shutter not to open and close and therefore causing no
photos , any one know where I can get spares, Kodak could not help me.

Thanks
Andrew

--
To reply via email, first reverse the address below then replace the
(at) with @ and the (dot) with . moc(tod)xepip(tod)lsd(ta)spuorgswen_werdna

TonyK April 15th 05 09:14 PM

"Andrew Welham" wrote in message
Think it's my turn for things to break, any way my Kodak LS443 started
to take blank photos last week. I finally got round to taking it apart,
only to find the little flex cable inside the lens has broken, hence
causing the shutter not to open and close and therefore causing no
photos , any one know where I can get spares, Kodak could not help me.

Thanks
Andrew

--
To reply via email, first reverse the address below then replace the
(at) with @ and the (dot) with .

moc(tod)xepip(tod)lsd(ta)spuorgswen_werdna

Kodak swapped mine for the "latest" model for £90 as they don't even repair
them themselves anymore. Carriage, new dock station etc etc plus a new
guarantee. I don't think you'll have much luck with spares unless you can
pick one up second hand. Maybe a bootsale or ad in a home PC magazine? Good
little camera and a shame to waste it.

Ian Stirling April 16th 05 07:46 PM

Andrew Welham wrote:
Think it's my turn for things to break, any way my Kodak LS443 started
to take blank photos last week. I finally got round to taking it apart,
only to find the little flex cable inside the lens has broken, hence
causing the shutter not to open and close and therefore causing no
photos , any one know where I can get spares, Kodak could not help me.

It is possible to repair flex cables.
The procedure is pretty similar to brain surgery though - you slice
off the outside of the flex cable, to get to one side of the copper,
then solder a flexible wire link across the break.
It may be easier to wire between the ends of the connec.tor.
I did this for one laptop LCD connector.
It's not an easy task.

Seri April 18th 05 03:35 PM

I have a broken LS443 (refuses to focus). Will take it apart tonight to
see if I can fix it, and if not then you can have it for the cost of
postage.

Tis a shame as it was a damned good little camera.

Seri