DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Chimney breast question (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/102849-chimney-breast-question.html)

nafuk April 15th 05 08:57 AM

Chimney breast question

Appologies if this doesn't slot into the original thread but my
newsreader is acting up.

Can you tell me the arrangement of the 8" x 8" rsj to hold up the
remaining chimney - was is metal or wood?

For the original poster: It is possible to corbel-out the chimney so
that no support is needed, but it's best to talk to a structural
engineer who will probably recommend some additional support, which
sounds like what your neighbour has done.

Rob Morley April 15th 05 01:23 PM

In article ,
"nafuk" says...
Appologies if this doesn't slot into the original thread but my
newsreader is acting up.

Can you tell me the arrangement of the 8" x 8" rsj to hold up the
remaining chimney - was is metal or wood?

The S in RSJ stands for steel.