Nige

Default Boiler help please ( "ignition lock out" ideal boiler)

Hi all,

Any help much appreciated with a LED illuminating showing "ignition lock
out" warning
when i try to run the hot water or turn on the heating. The water warms
briefly
then turns cold after an audible click is heard. The fan, pump and
everything else seems
to continue to run,

any advice much appreciated ,

nige

Richard

Nige wrote:

Hi all,

Any help much appreciated with a LED illuminating showing "ignition lock
out" warning
when i try to run the hot water or turn on the heating. The water warms
briefly
then turns cold after an audible click is heard. The fan, pump and
everything else seems
to continue to run,

any advice much appreciated ,

nige

Stand by for lots of 'more details, please' replies! At the very least
I would think that knowing the manufacturer and model of your boiler
will be required.

Dare I guess at Potterton Suprima?

Richard :-)
--
Real email address is RJSavage at BIGFOOT dot COM

The information contained in this post
may not be published in, or used by

http://www.diyprojects.info
Ed Sirett

On Wed, 13 Apr 2005 17:20:58 +0000, Nige wrote:

Hi all,

Any help much appreciated with a LED illuminating showing "ignition lock
out" warning
when i try to run the hot water or turn on the heating. The water warms
briefly
then turns cold after an audible click is heard. The fan, pump and
everything else seems
to continue to run,

any advice much appreciated ,

If the ignition lockout light is to be believed and there is heat albeit
briefly then it more or less tracks it down to the flame sensing system.

So (FS Electrode, FS wiring, PCB).

raden

In message , Nige
writes
Hi all,

Any help much appreciated with a LED illuminating showing "ignition lock
out" warning
when i try to run the hot water or turn on the heating. The water warms
briefly
then turns cold after an audible click is heard. The fan, pump and
everything else seems
to continue to run,

any advice much appreciated ,

Ideal do a wide range of boilers, my advice would be to be a bit more
specific ... what boiler is it ?

--
geoff
raden

In message , Richard
writes
Nige wrote:

Hi all,
Any help much appreciated with a LED illuminating showing "ignition
lock out" warning
when i try to run the hot water or turn on the heating. The water
warms briefly
then turns cold after an audible click is heard. The fan, pump and
everything else seems
to continue to run,
any advice much appreciated ,
nige

Stand by for lots of 'more details, please' replies! At the very
least I would think that knowing the manufacturer and model of your
boiler will be required.

Dare I guess at Potterton Suprima?

You could but my guess is that you'd be wrong ... the subject gives it
away

--
geoff

Nige

"raden" wrote in message
In message , Richard
writes
Nige wrote:

Hi all,
Any help much appreciated with a LED illuminating showing "ignition
lock out" warning
when i try to run the hot water or turn on the heating. The water warms
briefly
then turns cold after an audible click is heard. The fan, pump and
everything else seems
to continue to run,
any advice much appreciated ,
nige

Stand by for lots of 'more details, please' replies! At the very least I
would think that knowing the manufacturer and model of your boiler will be
required.

Dare I guess at Potterton Suprima?

You could but my guess is that you'd be wrong ... the subject gives it
away

--
geoff

ideal responce 120.

if i could replace the sensor do i have to partially drain system?

thx for replies

Richard

raden wrote:

Dare I guess at Potterton Suprima?

You could but my guess is that you'd be wrong ... the subject gives it away

Ah, sigh slapped wrists for trying to be too clever.

Apologies.

Richard (bitter Suprima 80 owner)

--
Real email address is RJSavage at BIGFOOT dot COM

The information contained in this post
may not be published in, or used by

http://www.diyprojects.info
raden

In message , Richard
writes
raden wrote:

Dare I guess at Potterton Suprima?

You could but my guess is that you'd be wrong ... the subject gives
it away

Ah, sigh slapped wrists for trying to be too clever.

Apologies.

Richard (bitter Suprima 80 owner)

If bitter suprima owners got together and formed a political party,
they'd be a force to be reckoned with

--
geoff
Richard

raden wrote:

Richard (bitter Suprima 80 owner)

If bitter suprima owners got together and formed a political party,
they'd be a force to be reckoned with

LOL!

Fixing it improved my desoldering/resoldering skills immeasurably tho'

Rgds Richard

Condensing Boiler News RedOnRed UK diy 0 April 9th 05 05:37 PM
Ideal C80ff combi boiler lock out andysirrs Home Repair 0 March 8th 05 10:17 AM
Ideal C80ff combi boiler lock out...help andysirrs UK diy 0 March 7th 05 09:01 PM
Near death boiler + replacing a boiler David Hearn UK diy 9 January 26th 04 12:44 PM
Gas boiler ignition problems a_mcbride UK diy 9 November 5th 03 04:30 PM