Paul Meecock

Default I just figure out how to....

..... get rid of moths....

Anyway, I sussed out a good way of eradicating them without making black
marks on the ceiling...

Mine are mostly in the kitchen as that is where the back door is..!!!

Turn all the lights off... Open the door to the microwave, making the light
come on.... Go back 10 mins later, close the microwave door... give it 1
minute..!!! :))

Mungo \two sheds\ Toadfoot

"Paul Meecock" wrote in message
.... get rid of moths....

Anyway, I sussed out a good way of eradicating them without making black
marks on the ceiling...

Mine are mostly in the kitchen as that is where the back door is..!!!

Turn all the lights off... Open the door to the microwave, making the

light
come on.... Go back 10 mins later, close the microwave door... give it 1
minute..!!! :))

LOL! And a handy free snack too.

Si

Andrew McKay

On Sun, 10 Aug 2003 12:31:53 +0100, "Paul Meecock"
wrote:

Turn all the lights off... Open the door to the microwave, making the light
come on.... Go back 10 mins later, close the microwave door... give it 1
minute..!!! :))

You'll be having those "save our moths!" campaigners walking up and
down outside your place

Andrew

Do you need a handyman service? Check out our
web site at http://www.handymac.co.uk
Frisket

"Mungo "two sheds" Toadfoot" wrote in
message ...

"Paul Meecock" wrote in message
.... get rid of moths....

Anyway, I sussed out a good way of eradicating them without making black
marks on the ceiling...

Mine are mostly in the kitchen as that is where the back door is..!!!

Turn all the lights off... Open the door to the microwave, making the

light
come on.... Go back 10 mins later, close the microwave door... give it

1
minute..!!! :))

LOL! And a handy free snack too.

Si

Mmmm! taste like chicken.
Richard

S Viemeister

Paul Meecock wrote:

.... get rid of moths....

Anyway, I sussed out a good way of eradicating them without making black
marks on the ceiling...

Mine are mostly in the kitchen as that is where the back door is..!!!

Turn all the lights off... Open the door to the microwave, making the light
come on.... Go back 10 mins later, close the microwave door... give it 1
minute..!!! :))

Did you manage to clean out all the moth residue? Or will this microwave
be dedicated to moth disposal?

Gnube

wrote:

Turn all the lights off... Open the door to the microwave, making the light
come on.... Go back 10 mins later, close the microwave door... give it 1
minute..!!! :))

You'll be having those "save our moths!" campaigners walking up and
down outside your place

Does the light attract them too? ;O)

Take Care,
Gnube
{too thick for linux}
Andrew McKay

wrote:

Turn all the lights off... Open the door to the microwave, making the light
come on.... Go back 10 mins later, close the microwave door... give it 1
minute..!!! :))

I'm morbidly interested.....

Are there any sounds as the moths explode?

Andrew

Do you need a handyman service? Check out our
web site at http://www.handymac.co.uk
James Simpson

"Paul Meecock" wrote in message ...

Turn all the lights off... Open the door to the microwave, making the light
come on.... Go back 10 mins later, close the microwave door... give it 1
minute..!!! :))

Or:

Use your vacuum cleaner...

it makes a strangely satisfying phump noise as they get sucked down
the nozzle )

If you want, you can do it for sport.. ) get yourself a UV light put
it near an open window and see how many you can catch in 10 minutes.
Watch out for the really big ones tho.. they can even sometimes out
match the hoover, unless you have a dyson )

Gnube

On Sun, 10 Aug 2003 18:43:42 -0400, S Viemeister
wrote:

Paul Meecock wrote:

.... get rid of moths....

Anyway, I sussed out a good way of eradicating them without making black
marks on the ceiling...

Mine are mostly in the kitchen as that is where the back door is..!!!

Turn all the lights off... Open the door to the microwave, making the light
come on.... Go back 10 mins later, close the microwave door... give it 1
minute..!!! :))

Did you manage to clean out all the moth residue? Or will this microwave
be dedicated to moth disposal?

If you haven't got one dedicated then you're not taking this seriously
are you?! I dunno, passing hobbyists! ;O)

Take Care,
Gnube
{too thick for linux}

RichardS

"James Simpson" wrote in message
"Paul Meecock" wrote in message

Turn all the lights off... Open the door to the microwave, making the

light
come on.... Go back 10 mins later, close the microwave door... give it

1
minute..!!! :))

Or:

Use your vacuum cleaner...

it makes a strangely satisfying phump noise as they get sucked down
the nozzle )

If you want, you can do it for sport.. ) get yourself a UV light put
it near an open window and see how many you can catch in 10 minutes.
Watch out for the really big ones tho.. they can even sometimes out
match the hoover, unless you have a dyson )

Do not try this if:

1) you have a Henry; and
2) the moth is within 3ft of net curtains (or thick, woolly socks, but that
is another story...)

cheers
Richard

--
Richard Sampson

email me at
richard at olifant d-ot co do-t uk

Gnube

On Mon, 11 Aug 2003 15:18:20 +0100, "RichardS" noaccess@invalid
wrote:

Do not try this if:

1) you have a Henry; and
2) the moth is within 3ft of net curtains (or thick, woolly socks, but that
is another story...)

LOL! ;O)

Take Care,
Gnube