DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Bean bag filling (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/102289-bean-bag-filling.html)

Rod April 11th 05 12:01 AM

Bean bag filling

A large been bag that we made several years ago has become expensive to
feed.

We regularly get another bag of polystyrene beads, bung them in, say
'That's better'. No sooner do we get used to it being full than the
filling compresses again.

Aside from anything else, the bag is getting rather heavy now! (OK - at
least two of its regular users are heavier than average.)

Any suggestions for how to reduce its appetite? Is there anything else
we can stuff it with?

that parrot chap April 11th 05 01:29 AM

On Sun, 10 Apr 2005 23:01:08 +0100, Rod
wrote:

A large been bag that we made several years ago has become expensive to
feed.

We regularly get another bag of polystyrene beads, bung them in, say
'That's better'. No sooner do we get used to it being full than the
filling compresses again.

Aside from anything else, the bag is getting rather heavy now! (OK - at
least two of its regular users are heavier than average.)

Any suggestions for how to reduce its appetite? Is there anything else
we can stuff it with?

tennis balls maybe!!

Andy Dingley April 11th 05 02:44 AM

wrote:

Is there anything else we can stuff it with?

Real beanbag filling. The real stuff uses a denser polystyrene and
doesn't compact as much. However it's cheaper to buy this stuff in
ready-made cushions than from any upholstery supplier that I know of!
http://www.upholstery-suppliers.com/...ct.asp?dept=18

Rod April 11th 05 11:21 PM

wrote:

Is there anything else we can stuff it with?

Real beanbag filling. The real stuff uses a denser polystyrene and
doesn't compact as much. However it's cheaper to buy this stuff in
ready-made cushions than from any upholstery supplier that I know of!
http://www.upholstery-suppliers.com/...ct.asp?dept=18

I thought the ones we used were 'real'! Sold as pukka beanbag filling,
fire resistant and all. :-)