DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Washing Machine Pipe (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/10224-washing-machine-pipe.html)

Charles Middleton July 22nd 04 10:36 AM

Washing Machine Pipe

Hi,

When I connected my washing machine to the cold water feed to leaks ever so
slightly. I am presuming that there is a washer in the end of the connection
hose from the washing machine that has gone. Does this sound likely and are
these a standard part you can get from any DIY shop (B&Q etc...).

Thanks in advance,

CM.

Dave Plowman (News) July 22nd 04 11:05 AM

Washing Machine Pipe

In article ,
Charles Middleton wrote:
When I connected my washing machine to the cold water feed to leaks ever
so slightly. I am presuming that there is a washer in the end of the
connection hose from the washing machine that has gone. Does this sound
likely and are these a standard part you can get from any DIY shop (B&Q
etc...).

If you can't find the correct washers, use a 20mm grommet of the type used
in socket backboxes - the sheds all sell them.

--
*Suicidal twin kills sister by mistake.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Lurch July 22nd 04 07:35 PM

Washing Machine Pipe

On Thu, 22 Jul 2004 09:36:28 +0000 (UTC), "Charles Middleton"
strung together this:

When I connected my washing machine to the cold water feed to leaks ever so
slightly.

Although they are meant to be a hand tight fitting sometimesw they
need an extra nipping up with a pair of grips or pliers.

I am presuming that there is a washer in the end of the connection
hose from the washing machine that has gone. Does this sound likely and are
these a standard part you can get from any DIY shop (B&Q etc...).

Yes, if the above doesn't stop it you should be able to find some
suitable washers, best bet would be a smaller hardware or domestic
apliance store as you'll probably be able to get one for a few pence
as opposed to packs of however many for a few pounds from the likes of
B&Q
--

SJW
A.C.S. Ltd