DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   thermabate cavity closers vs weatherbate cavity closers (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/102229-thermabate-cavity-closers-vs-weatherbate-cavity-closers.html)

tom patton April 10th 05 10:59 AM

thermabate cavity closers vs weatherbate cavity closers

Hi all I am building a double block wall on my extension.To get the u value
up the cavity is 50% filled with rigid insulation board.The architect has
specified Thermawall cavity closers around the window openings.The builders
merchant has supplied weathershield cavity closers-the BC dept queried the
fire retardant properties of the thermawall.
Could I install the weathershield.
Is it not covered in completely anyway.