Mehdi

Default Worcester 24i combi boiler cutting out

Hi,

My Worcester 24i combi boiler is just over 4 years old and basically it has
given me all sorts of problems. Following are the list of problems that I
have had with this piece of junk:

After a year Fan started making rattling noise. British Gas engineer oiled
the fan and tightened the screws but it made no difference, so I had to
change the fan which cost me £120 including labour. After 8 months the new
fan has started making the noise again!

The air pressure switch (made out of two plastic parts) got detached as they
were put together by glue(factory design!) What a place to use glue in such
hot environment! Again it was replaced.

In 5 or 6 separate accessions the boiler completely failed in the coldest
nights of winter (typical). After switching it on and off it came back on
again in all accessions.

Recently It is keep cutting out and it is struggling to fire. During this
struggle I can hear a constant clicking noise/attempts to fire. The noise
is like a two metal/spring contact and it seems that it is coming from
inside where the circuit board is located. It is definitely not the timer.
Does this mean that I have to change the circuit-board? If this is the case
how much does it usually cost?

I was also thinking to change the boiler if the repair cost is over £200 and
this time I won't get Worcester. Can anyone suggest a reliable combi
boiler?

Regards

Med

RedOnRed

[...]

Sorry I can't help but oh dear, i'm just about to have a Worcester Bosch
boiler fitted next week. Although mine is going to be a Greenstar 28 HE
system one which I haven't heard anything bad about yet.

Mehdi

Hopefully yours will be more reliable than mine. Good luck.

Mehdi

Sorry I can't help but oh dear, i'm just about to have a Worcester Bosch
boiler fitted next week. Although mine is going to be a Greenstar 28 HE
system one which I haven't heard anything bad about yet.

Rob

RedOnRed wrote:
Sorry I can't help but oh dear, i'm just about to have a Worcester

Bosch
boiler fitted next week. Although mine is going to be a Greenstar 28 HE
system one which I haven't heard anything bad about yet.

I had a 40HE fitted last November and so far its been faultless. Suggest
you get a piece of stainless steel sheet fitted above the exit pipe to
deflect
the pluming.

Rob

bosch worcester 28i combi boiler problems brian. UK diy 1 January 23rd 05 08:16 PM
Worcester Bosch 350 combi boiler [email protected] UK diy 7 January 11th 05 08:26 PM
11degC across Boiler, why? Tom UK diy 54 September 24th 04 08:32 AM
Complete new CH or just new boiler ChrisJ UK diy 4 September 15th 04 10:05 PM
Worcester combi boiler not always firing Oliver Payne UK diy 4 August 31st 03 07:23 PM