DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Valley Trough? (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/101924-valley-trough.html)

[email protected] April 7th 05 10:33 AM

Valley Trough?

Hi,
I'm re-roofing my house and also constructing an extension. My problem
is that the existing roof pitch in 17.5 degrees and the extension pitch
is 35 degrees. I'm worried that the difference in pitches will force
water into the existing roof via the shallower pitch unless the lead
valley is very well constructed? I came across 'Valley Troughs' this
morning and they look to be more suitable for what I need. Problem is
my (old) builder hasn't heard of them before.. Are they what I should
be using?
Rgds Gunther

[news] April 7th 05 10:42 AM

wrote:
Hi,
I'm re-roofing my house and also constructing an extension. My problem
is that the existing roof pitch in 17.5 degrees and the extension pitch
is 35 degrees. I'm worried that the difference in pitches will force
water into the existing roof via the shallower pitch unless the lead
valley is very well constructed? I came across 'Valley Troughs' this
morning and they look to be more suitable for what I need. Problem is
my (old) builder hasn't heard of them before.. Are they what I should
be using?
Rgds Gunther

if it's made from fibreglass steer well clear. code 5 lead will last 100+ years

my solution for a similar problem was to neatly seal the edges of the lead/slate
interface with leadmate. whoever owns the house in 20 odd years time may
have to rake it out and redo it. but by that time the roof will be 120 years old
and it will probably need re slating anyway so it's not a big problem.

http://www.tool-net.co.uk/data/index.php?ToolID=324031

RT