DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   How to extend electricity cable? (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/101323-how-extend-electricity-cable.html)

pb April 2nd 05 03:38 PM

How to extend electricity cable?

Im trying to wire a light but the cable running from the cellar isnt quite
long enough. I have a spare length to extend the wire, so I'd like to know
the best way to do this. Are there cable joiners available, or should I just
do a solder & heatshrink job?

Frank Erskine April 2nd 05 04:46 PM

pb wrote:
Im trying to wire a light but the cable running from the cellar isnt quite
long enough. I have a spare length to extend the wire, so I'd like to know
the best way to do this. Are there cable joiners available, or should I just
do a solder & heatshrink job?

You'd really be best off renewing the cable with a single length. You
could use a junction box to join the cables, but that may be prone to
failure, or dampness if in the cellar.

FE