Sam

Default Blue spirit based wood preservative where?

Where can I find some blue spirit based wood preservative? I dont want the
wax based stuff.

I can get green or any of a huge range of hideous browns but not blue in the
sheds.

My alternative strategy is to use a clear one and add a blue spirit based
woodstain. Anyone know what sort would be best?

TIA

Sam

Andy Hall

On Fri, 16 Jul 2004 14:44:29 +0100, "Sam" wrote:

Where can I find some blue spirit based wood preservative? I dont want the
wax based stuff.

I can get green or any of a huge range of hideous browns but not blue in the
sheds.

My alternative strategy is to use a clear one and add a blue spirit based
woodstain. Anyone know what sort would be best?

TIA

Sam

Do you want a transparent one or an opaque?

Cuprinol do a couple, but also look at Sikkens, Sadolin and Jotun.
Jotun will do any colour that you like.

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl
Sam

"Andy Hall" wrote in message
On Fri, 16 Jul 2004 14:44:29 +0100, "Sam" wrote:

Where can I find some blue spirit based wood preservative? I dont want the
wax based stuff.

I can get green or any of a huge range of hideous browns but not blue in
the
sheds.

My alternative strategy is to use a clear one and add a blue spirit based
woodstain. Anyone know what sort would be best?

TIA

Sam

Do you want a transparent one or an opaque?

Cuprinol do a couple, but also look at Sikkens, Sadolin and Jotun.
Jotun will do any colour that you like.

I think the ones that Sadolin, Sikkens and Jotun do are the sort which are
"barrier" types with either waxes or a polymer formulation. Cuprinol Shed &
Fence Preserver is more the sort of thing that I want but they don't do it
in blue.

Cheers tho

Sam

Andy Hall

On Fri, 16 Jul 2004 17:41:58 +0100, "Sam" wrote:

"Andy Hall" wrote in message
.. .
[...]

Have a look at Jotun's Norwegian web site and check the products. I
think that there is one. Take the name and check on an English
language site. There is supply into the UK, but the UK web site does
not describe all products properly
..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl
Sam

Have a look at Jotun's Norwegian web site and check the products. I
think that there is one. Take the name and check on an English
language site. There is supply into the UK, but the UK web site does
not describe all products properly
.andy

I'll check it out, cheers.

Sam

blue is better deborah barrie UK diy 8 March 19th 04 09:45 PM
wood colour on dado wallpaper Glenn UK diy 2 March 19th 04 01:31 AM
What Freemasons would like us to believe........ Henry E Schaffer UK diy 2 February 23rd 04 11:06 PM