Default TV station logo- can we do away with it during recording ?

Hello folks- I do a lot of recording of TV programs strictly for home
and family entertainment. The station's logo always gets recorded on
the tape or DVD along with the program. Is there any way we can prevent
it from getting recorded, during or after recording ? Many thanks

Art

Get enough consumers to boycott the stations until they take the flippin
things off their broadcast materials. Or invest in a good quality eraser??
Sorry but these nuisances are here to stay, hopefully the broadcasters begin
to understand that we always do not need to be reminded that we are watching
their produce, even bad or good, we still seem to watch , Eh.
wrote in message
ups.com...
Hello folks- I do a lot of recording of TV programs strictly for home
and family entertainment. The station's logo always gets recorded on
the tape or DVD along with the program. Is there any way we can prevent
it from getting recorded, during or after recording ? Many thanks

NSM

wrote in message
ups.com...
| Hello folks- I do a lot of recording of TV programs strictly for home
| and family entertainment. The station's logo always gets recorded on
| the tape or DVD along with the program. Is there any way we can prevent
| it from getting recorded, during or after recording ? Many thanks

If you were very clever you could invert it and superimpose that image but
there'll still be a visible mark.

James Sweet

wrote in message
ups.com...
Hello folks- I do a lot of recording of TV programs strictly for home
and family entertainment. The station's logo always gets recorded on
the tape or DVD along with the program. Is there any way we can prevent
it from getting recorded, during or after recording ? Many thanks

Download the show from the internet, there's people who record it straight
off the network satelite feed without those damned logos.

Eric wrote:
built something to superimpose your own image on top of it. either

your own
logo or something like minutes:seconds gone since the start of

recording.

From Eric

Thanks to all for the responses. This is to Eric: do you know
exactly how to do that ? Your idea makes a lot of sense I wish I knew
how to do that(impose another image on top of the logo so it won't
show). Thanks.

Bill

wrote in message
ups.com...
Hello folks- I do a lot of recording of TV programs strictly for

home
and family entertainment. The station's logo always gets recorded on
the tape or DVD along with the program. Is there any way we can

prevent
it from getting recorded, during or after recording ? Many thanks

Eric

Hi Bill

Some years ago I made a sync pulse monitor for looking at the VCR back
tension post using a few LM555 timers, the horizontal sync was delayed 1/2
line and the frame sync was delayed 1/2 a frame, it worked well on the TV I
modified,

You might be able to do a similar project, except instead of delaying the
sync, you short the video to ground.

The 555 timers when used as one shot timers, it might seem a bit of a fiddle
not sure what temperature drift will do, you would have 2 line, and two
frame, timers one each to start the blanking and one each to end, getting
the timing down to about 5-10 microseconds for the width blanking might need
a bit of good timing. so if the logo was on the right side you would have
one timer at about 40µS and another at say 50µS so you would get blanking
in-between the two timers firing, and gate those with the frame timers.

I am glad you are keen to make one, and not me.

From Eric

wrote in message
ups.com...

Eric wrote:
built something to superimpose your own image on top of it. either

your own
logo or something like minutes:seconds gone since the start of

recording.

From Eric

Thanks to all for the responses. This is to Eric: do you know
exactly how to do that ? Your idea makes a lot of sense I wish I knew
how to do that(impose another image on top of the logo so it won't
show). Thanks.

Bill

wrote in message
ups.com...
Hello folks- I do a lot of recording of TV programs strictly for

home
and family entertainment. The station's logo always gets recorded on
the tape or DVD along with the program. Is there any way we can

prevent
it from getting recorded, during or after recording ? Many thanks

Bill Jeffrey

If you short the video to ground, doesn't that just create a blank
(black or white, I've forgotten which) rectangle where the logo used to
be? I don't think that's what the OP had in mind. He (and all of us)
would like to REMOVE the logo, so we can see the original program
content that the logo obscures.

Bill Jeffrey
======================

Eric wrote:

Hi Bill

Some years ago I made a sync pulse monitor for looking at the VCR back
tension post using a few LM555 timers, the horizontal sync was delayed 1/2
line and the frame sync was delayed 1/2 a frame, it worked well on the TV I
modified,

You might be able to do a similar project, except instead of delaying the
sync, you short the video to ground.

James Sweet

"Bill Jeffrey" wrote in message
If you short the video to ground, doesn't that just create a blank
(black or white, I've forgotten which) rectangle where the logo used to
be? I don't think that's what the OP had in mind. He (and all of us)
would like to REMOVE the logo, so we can see the original program
content that the logo obscures.

Bill Jeffrey

Yes, that's all it would do, and unfortunatly the only way to remove the
logo is fancy and time consuming processing with a computer. It's far easier
to obtain the original material elsewhere, and push for the removal of logos
by writing to stations and/or not watching them anymore. Sooner or later
they'd get the message if enough people cared about it.

Eric

trouble with lawyers they have no tolerance.

--

From Eric

5Km/h difference up there means 27Km/h difference down here.

Eric wrote:

Hi Bill

Some years ago I made a sync pulse monitor for looking at the VCR back
tension post using a few LM555 timers, the horizontal sync was delayed 1/2
line and the frame sync was delayed 1/2 a frame, it worked well on the TV

modified,

You might be able to do a similar project, except instead of delaying the
sync, you short the video to ground.

James Sweet

"Eric" wrote in message
built something to superimpose your own image on top of it. either your

own
logo or something like minutes:seconds gone since the start of recording.

That'd be more obnoxious than the stupid logo is in the first place. They're
getting worse and worse too, bigger, animated, often obscuring the program.
I ditched cable a few years ago when all the channels started doing this, I
just get DVD's from Netflix now instead and download any TV shows I want.