john

Default Anyone know how to............

Got a Toshiba M # 24AF43, Chassis # M3M627.
Plug it in, barely visible out of horizontal sync video,
(basically, no video), no sound, change channels, &
you can see that the channel has changed! Looks like
a "Prima" T.V. problem, almost exactly the same! All
measures good on the board...looks like EEPROM/
Micro problem!
Called Toshiba, & they were just closing for the year!!

Sure is a litle bit early is,nt it ?

John Bachman

On Wed, 5 Jan 2005 07:56:23 -0330, "Rono" wrote:

Got a Toshiba M # 24AF43, Chassis # M3M627.
Plug it in, barely visible out of horizontal sync video,
(basically, no video), no sound, change channels, &
you can see that the channel has changed! Looks like
a "Prima" T.V. problem, almost exactly the same! All
measures good on the board...looks like EEPROM/
Micro problem! Called Toshiba, & they were just
closing for the year!! How do I get into, & change
the EEPROM, & micro values! Thanks, Rono

If you need to reprogram the EEProm you could use this new programmer
from the clever folks at Jupitel. It comes with a library CD of
thousands of programs which have been downloaded from working
equipment.

See www.anatekcorp.com/testequipment/versaprog.htm

John
AnaTek Corporation
The Electronic Repair Center at www.anatekcorp.com
Sorta-moderated electronic repair discussion at
www.anatekcorp.com/elrepair/elrepair.htm

john

If you need to reprogram the EEProm you could use this new programmer
from the clever folks at Jupitel. It comes with a library CD of
thousands of programs which have been downloaded from working
equipment.

See www.anatekcorp.com/testequipment/versaprog.htm

John

Pretty costly for just a single Job I dont think the TV cost that .

kip

John Bachman

On Wed, 5 Jan 2005 08:40:28 -0500, "john" wrote:

If you need to reprogram the EEProm you could use this new programmer
from the clever folks at Jupitel. It comes with a library CD of
thousands of programs which have been downloaded from working
equipment.

See www.anatekcorp.com/testequipment/versaprog.htm

John

Pretty costly for just a single Job I dont think the TV cost that .

Yes, that is true. I did not realize that your question was a
one-time deal. The programmer only makes sense for repair folks who
run into corrupted eproms from time to time.

John Bachman
AnaTek Corporation
The Electronic Repair Center at www.anatekcorp.com