Sidney

Default 25" GE tv model:25GT500FE1,chassis:CTC177AA

25" GE tv model:25GT500FE1,chassis:CTC177AA,year:Feb 94.When tv is
first plugged into ac outlet the tv turns on but no screen is visible
when brightness is increased on T4401=Flyback a black screen appears
with retrace lines and it has insufficient horizontal width (left &
right) during this there is no station reception or audio.
Note:the front customer control buttons are not responsive nor the
remote but the 5v is present at them and at pin 8=vcc of U3201V=EEPROM
RCA # 218400.Pin5=clock and pin 6=data are constantly toggling between
up and down when measuring DC volts with my Fluke DMM model:29 series
II but the value visible the most is around 2.5V and not 5v like it's
supposed to.I unsoldered both pins and measured the corresponding
pins:

53=clock
54=data

on U1001=T-chip=TV color processor IC=Jungle IC=LA7610=RCA # 215524
and they were still toggling,pin 52=T-chip enable is 5v like on
schematic and the LA7610 does have it's 9v.I noticed that another
repair shop had soldered the tuner before but missed the RF connector
signal pin and some case grounds which also had cracked solder so I
assume that the EEPROM is defective am I correct?.
I don't have any other RCA/GE/:Proscan tv's in my lonely repair shop
(LOL) to try another EEPROM and apparently to order one it would take
8 weeks to arrive,don't you techs just love how easier and easier and
more profitable our industry has become?.
Thanks for advance for tips.

Oh yeah this site has tons of free service manual downloads:

http://schematicsforfree.mattsoft.net

Sidney

Dartmouth,Nova Scotia
Canada

http://www.iwaynet.net/~nesda/May02/May18.html
http://www.iwaynet.net/~nesda/SonyAudMod.html
http://www.newark.com/product-detail...ge/32-9495.jpg
http://www.iwaynet.net/~nesda/Oct02/Oct028.html
http://www.iwaynet.net/~nesda/Oct02/Oct029.html
http://www.iwaynet.net/~nesda/Oct04/Oct041.htm
RonKZ650

Your eprom is bad. If you have the chippercheck setup you can reinitialize
about 90% of them without replacing the eprom, or if unsuccessful replace the
eprom with any CTC175-187 eprom and reinitialize it to the chassis you are
working on. No need to stock 50 different eproms with the chippercheck.
Ron
Tom MacIntyre

On 31 Dec 2004 09:24:13 -0800, (Sidney) wrote:

[...]

Possibly. Have you tried to get into Service Mode to see what values
are there, compared to what the ranges are in the service manual?

More may be here...

http://www.repairfaq.org

Tom