David Sewell

Default Freeview and spdif

Hi all,
I've just had to exchange a faulty freeview digital set top box and the
replacement does not have left and right phono outputs. Instead, it has
spdif, how, if easily possible, do I go about connecting it to my ordinary
analogue stereo amplifier please.
Thanks,
David

Graham

Hi all,
I've just had to exchange a faulty freeview digital set top box and the
replacement does not have left and right phono outputs. Instead, it has
spdif, how, if easily possible, do I go about connecting it to my ordinary
analogue stereo amplifier please.
Thanks,
David

You don't say what make/model of box but AFAIK they all have 1 or more SCART
sockets

Right = Pin 1
Left = Pin 3
Ground = Pin 4

--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%

David Sewell

"Graham" wrote in message

Hi all,
I've just had to exchange a faulty freeview digital set top box and the
replacement does not have left and right phono outputs. Instead, it has
spdif, how, if easily possible, do I go about connecting it to my

ordinary
analogue stereo amplifier please.
Thanks,
David

You don't say what make/model of box but AFAIK they all have 1 or more

SCART
sockets

Right = Pin 1
Left = Pin 3
Ground = Pin 4

--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%

Thanks Graham,
Oh yeah, never thought of the scart! I have a BD68STB (Mitsubishi -I think)
and it has scart to tv and scart to vcr.
David