1hookedspacecadet

Default Omega Race Lighted LED Switches

I am trying to wire up some led / lighted switches from an Omega Race. On
the side of the switch, it has the following info:

+ = 2V MAX
5 A125/250 VAC

Can someone help decipher this for me so I can figure out what voltage and
amps are needed to lite these up? Also, should I place a resistor in line
as well?

Thanks!

Doh!

In article , 1hookedspacecadet says...

I am trying to wire up some led / lighted switches from an Omega Race. On
the side of the switch, it has the following info:

+ = 2V MAX
5 A125/250 VAC

Can someone help decipher this for me so I can figure out what voltage and
amps are needed to lite these up? Also, should I place a resistor in line
as well?

Thanks!

Try a VIDEO group, brainiac.

James Sweet

"1hookedspacecadet" wrote in message
I am trying to wire up some led / lighted switches from an Omega Race. On
the side of the switch, it has the following info:

+ = 2V MAX
5 A125/250 VAC

Can someone help decipher this for me so I can figure out what voltage and
amps are needed to lite these up? Also, should I place a resistor in line
as well?

Thanks!

Be careful with those switches, they're highly sought after by those who
need them because they haven't been made in years, I had to pay $25 for one
a while back. The lower rating is just the switch contacts, it's a standard
microswitch, one common, then a NO and NC contact. The other two go to the
LED, it's a standard red LED, probably should be run at about 10mA, and yes
you need a resistor which can be calculated once you know what supply
voltage you'll be feeding the LED with. The wiring should be pretty obvious
by looking at it, 3 pins on the switch and 2 for the LED, polarity of the
LED can be found by trial and error.

NSM

"1hookedspacecadet" wrote in message
| I am trying to wire up some led / lighted switches from an Omega Race. On
| the side of the switch, it has the following info:
|
| + = 2V MAX
| 5 A125/250 VAC
|
| Can someone help decipher this for me so I can figure out what voltage and
| amps are needed to lite these up? Also, should I place a resistor in line
| as well?

How many connections to the switch?

Looks like you need 2.0 VDC positive connected to the "+ = 2V MAX"
connection.

Andrew

Nice Anon post.

So you know, he posted this in video groups as well... You never know who
can answer what questions where.

But then again, why not spend some energy and spread some negativity...

Andrew

Need I say, Mom's rules? Sheesh...

"Doh!" wrote in message
Try a VIDEO group, brainiac.