Sidney

Default 19" Hitachi tv model:CT2033B,chassis:FH89XS-2

19" Hitachi tv model:CT2033B,chassis:FH89XS-2,year:March 93,no picture
meaning no snow signal only black screen and no audio either station
or no station,but the OSD is there and I can change channels.
I found a broken solder joint inside tuner so I resoldered that and
other areas that looked suspicious,and resoldered the four outside
tuner ground corner case leads as one was broken and the tv worked
good for a while but the next time I went to turn it on problem was
back.
I measured 5v and 12v and the tuner but no 33v and I don't have a used
tuner to swap,anyone have any common repair tips for this made in
China chassis?.Thanks in advance.

Sidney
Dartmouth,Nova Scotia
Canada
Art

Is the 33 volt there with the associated pin of the tuner unsoldered?? If
not then trouble shoot that particular supply from the P/S inclusive of the
zener and series resistors. If disconnecting the tuner lead allows the 33 v
to return then you've a problem within that item.
"Sidney" wrote in message
om...
19" Hitachi tv model:CT2033B,chassis:FH89XS-2,year:March 93,no picture
meaning no snow signal only black screen and no audio either station
or no station,but the OSD is there and I can change channels.
I found a broken solder joint inside tuner so I resoldered that and
other areas that looked suspicious,and resoldered the four outside
tuner ground corner case leads as one was broken and the tv worked
good for a while but the next time I went to turn it on problem was
back.
I measured 5v and 12v and the tuner but no 33v and I don't have a used
tuner to swap,anyone have any common repair tips for this made in
China chassis?.Thanks in advance.

Sidney
Dartmouth,Nova Scotia
Canada

Asimov

"Sidney" bravely wrote to "All" (25 Sep 04 08:45:08)
--- on the heady topic of "19" Hitachi tv model:CT2033B,chassis:FH89XS-2"

Si From: (Sidney)
Si Subject: 19" Hitachi tv model:CT2033B,chassis:FH89XS-2
Si Organization:
http://groups.google.com
Si Xref: aeinews sci.electronics.repair:39783

Si 19" Hitachi tv model:CT2033B,chassis:FH89XS-2,year:March 93,no picture
Si meaning no snow signal only black screen and no audio either station
Si or no station,but the OSD is there and I can change channels.
Si I found a broken solder joint inside tuner so I resoldered that and
Si other areas that looked suspicious,and resoldered the four outside
Si tuner ground corner case leads as one was broken and the tv worked
Si good for a while but the next time I went to turn it on problem was
Si back.
Si I measured 5v and 12v and the tuner but no 33v and I don't have a used
Si tuner to swap,anyone have any common repair tips for this made in
Si China chassis?.Thanks in advance.

Si Sidney
Si Dartmouth,Nova Scotia
Si Canada

There could be a problem with the tuner's vco chip. If the tuning
voltage doesn't change with the ch osd then that's it. The problem
could be the ic itself having a bad internal connection or even a
contaminant across the pins. I've come across a case where a microscopic
solder blob embedded in flux which was bridging across 2 pins of the vco
IC but it would only short out at a certain temperature. The tv worked
for about 1-1/2 hrs then nothing. It took a while to find the cause...
freeze spray didn't help either because it was sort of latching but a
heat gun helped narrow it down.

A*s*i*m*o*v

.... Just a little force field zap.